[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Voodoo Donuts 2

Voodoo Donuts 2

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Voodoo Donuts 2

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Yeah, what's up with jackbot? Looking it up just now, it appears to have the exact same playfield as Pinbot. It seems like a stretch to call it the "third game in that there robot series." One more ball is added to the multiball - but what else is new?

I'm not complaining, of course. I like pinbot a lot.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Vegas baby Vegas!
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 pm

GAMBLING would be the main difference. I've only played it a few times, but my recollection is that you usually have options to take a given amount of boints for hitting a saucer/shot, or let it ride and double your boints by lighting and hitting certain shots within a given timeframe. Can't remember how random the awards/boints are, or how screwy the scoring is.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Jeri on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:52 pm

The playfield is the same physical layout, but mounts much lower in the cabinet (or the late model cabinets are taller). The feature lights are arranged different and the game play seems quite different, besides locking the two eyes for the multiball. There are more jackpot shots and chances to use skill to double or nothing certain bonus events. Unlike Pin*bot or Bride of Pin*Bot It has a ball save which will be nice for beginners.

This one has diamond plated and plays wicked fast after being waxed, so we lowered the back legs a little for novice players. We hope it breaks in a little and slows down. :)

-Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah, that thing is speedy right now.

The game seems fun. I like the double or nothing action, especially when they're worth over 100 million. I thought I did pretty well on some games, but was still falling short of the replay by 2 billion. I'm not sure, but I might like it better than Pin*Bot!

One thing I noticed - and someone else should probably verify this before you (Jeri) bother looking at it - is that the left ramp didn't seem to sit totally flush to the playfield. A bunch of my shots to it were getting slowed down significantly after hitting the base of the ramp (and not making it up).
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby sauce on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:28 am

I also noticed possible trouble with the left ramp. The ball seemed to get caught up on something, kinda like the right ramp on dracula used to.
sauce

Postby ROM on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:41 am

I thought it was the right ramp on Drac that used to do that.

Anyway! Yeah, that ramp has some weird stuff going on.
Another thing to possibly look at: sometimes the ball doesn't kick out all the way into the plunger lane. It gets stuck, and is just out of reach of the plunger.
Also, the plunged balls often don't make it to the spiral ramp. They hit something and get caught in the pop bumpers.
Also, just curious - is the replay score going to auto-adjust to our level of play? or does it stick to whatever it's set to?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Ricochet on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:28 pm

We will take a look at Jack*bot when Jeri gets back next Tuesday.
The settings for Jack*bot are factory default right now.

Trish
Ricochet

Postby Jeri on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Jack*Bot - Lowered the back legs a little, changed flipper coil to #29 strong, worked on ball trap at visor and moved shooter rod to the right, so it hits the ball square. Plays very nice now.
Fish Tales - Something was wrong with the wall outlet and the machine was off when we came in. Changed a post rubber on the right of the boat ramp.
Dracula - Replaced broken stand up target and replaced some hard to get too GI lamps.
Jurassic Park - Replaced broken upper right flipper return spring bracket and found bad connection on the kicker pointing down the play field.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks. I was having a lot of trouble with the plunger. I thought the flippers were nice, though, and didn't notice anything wrong with the ball trap.. but then again, I'm not you.

Just don't make it too easy! I worked hard for that GC :D

Did see anything going on with the ramp? At first I thought the issue was with how the ramp was maybe not sitting flush with the playfield. But DDT showed me the error in my thinking - the issue seemed to be in how when you hit the ramp, it would sort of flip up sometimes and fling the ball into the curve, and then it would stop rounding the curve and come back down. something like that...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm sure it's not too easy. The slingshots still grab the ball and make it go all crazy. I didn't notice anything wrong with the ramp, but it does have to gain a lot of height fast, so the ball can pass underneath when it's in the up position.

I forgot to mention I boosted the ball save time on Jack*bot. It would be over before the ball left the pop bumpers. :(

-Jer
Jeri

Postby sauce on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:27 am

I played it tonight, and had several successful ramp shots. Feels much better, but still a really tough game.
sauce

Postby Ricochet on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Sauce helped us find the occasional shooter lane hangup tonight. Thanks.
Ricochet

Postby Jeri on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Jurassic Park weak lower left flipper is fixed. The end of stroke switch was stuck open.

We will be taking over the change machine soon.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby PDXGeek on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Glad to hear you taking over that change machine. Could you get rid of that unsightly hockey table too and put in two more pins? :)
PDXGeek

Postby Dropshot on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Dropshot

Postby revtest on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:43 am

Ooh is the new one in yet with the hotdog guy and what not? Can't wait to see it!
revtest

Postby PDXGeek on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:42 am

Yeah, the hotdog guy, ice cream guy, etc. Its there, and out of order. The kids seem to like wail on the poor thing and make a ton of noise and scream the whole time. Pretty awesome.
PDXGeek

Postby Dropshot on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 am

Is it worse then air hockey at Slabtown and Slingshot?
Dropshot

Postby KYL on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:32 am

"Drug users don't get the highest scores." -- Keith McTeeth
KYL

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines