[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Event calender

Event calender

Don't wank.

Event calender

Postby revtest on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:56 pm

I don't know ROM maybe your already working on something like this. with more and more places starting to hold their own events and members doing home game stuff along with meetings. seems like an event calender with the threads might be nice might be redundant i don't know, what do you think?
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Re: Event calender

Postby ROM on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:49 am

I am not working on something like this. I will think about it.

I don't really know how to implement something like this that we can all edit... But who knows, maybe wordpress (the blog) or phpBB (the message board) has some easy little calendar add-ons.

blah blah

anyway, good suggestion.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:52 am

dawgs,
I added an event calendar to the blog (which reminded me that I need to give some of you guys access to make blog posts... I'll do that soon*). Here's how it works:

To post an event, you go to "Write" - then add a title, add details, and then scroll down until you see "Event Editor." Expand that and then press + and then add the date/time. Scroll up and press "Publish." That's it.

The "Event" posts will not display as regular blog posts (that way we don't flood the front page with little event blog posts). If you want your event to also be a blog post (as I did with the benefit show), you have to post it twice (on the one you want to be a blog post, don't add the Event time info).

Go check it out on the main page. I added two events: Taxi Tuesday, and this Sunday's meeting.

What do you think? Questions?

*If you start doing blog posts - and I don't mean to sound like a prick here - but some minor rules to follow (as laid out by me and Orbit) are: try to include a photo with the post; try to capitalize and use decent grammar (i.e. make it readable! i.e. avoid humongously long run-on sentences); if it gets real long, use a cut tag; post stuff that is cool and is more/better than just a message board post.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:03 pm

I just changed it so that Events posts also show up with the main blog posts. What do you guys think of that? Does it clutter the blog up with too much stuff? Or is it helpful for seeing the latest events, and in discussing them before and afterward? Take a look.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:29 pm

I almost think it is too much, maybe if the day of it would appear in the blog roll, if thats possible. I think the events just happen to often and my writing for one sucks. Maybe we just need to write a new "article" more often then we do. I am going to bring a camera tonight, and from now on too.
Dropshot

Postby videomode on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:56 pm

I also will bring a camera. Great Idea
dennis
videomode

Postby Rob on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:12 pm

The event calendar seems to not be showing any events until November.
Just a heads-up.
Rob

Postby Dropshot on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:22 pm

We usually don't put the events in until the turn of the month so that there aren't 15 things listed. Thanks for the heads up though. Rom is slacking. Also just to let you know Rob, even you can add events to the calender.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Updated!
Dropshot

Postby Rob on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27 pm

How do I post events? I couldn't find the damned Write button (or Event Editor) that ROM mentioned above. It thought there might be some button to add events somewhere around the Event Calendar itself, but couldn't find one there either. Here's what the Cal looks like to me:

When you get the chance, let me know how this works.
Rob

Postby Rob on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:43 pm

DropShot explained it.
All is well. Return to normal
Rob

Postby ROM on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:55 am

I wasn't slacking! I was busy making an events page on the ppm site.

Events for everyone!!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:57 am

slackin'
Dropshot

Postby scoop on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:48 am

probably time to change the front page.
scoop

Postby ROM on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 am

What are you thinking of, more events?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 am

new blog post? recap of gk so the advertisement for it isn't still our front page story?
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Dropshot on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:43 am

your a member, you do it.
Dropshot

Postby scoop on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:12 pm

:|
Last edited by scoop on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
scoop

Postby ROM on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:34 pm

So... are you saying I should post more pictures of my cat? My cat is currently really awesome.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:52 pm

i like cats. but i truly think we should do a pinbrawl roundup. dropshit, if you send me a pdf of the bracket, i can throw together a little something, but i doubt it'll be too detailed...nothing to the extent of your shorty's write-up, but a little re-cap, maybe some links to news coverage, etc. hook a sister up!
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Next

Return to Site Suggestions