[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Pinburgh 2012

Pinburgh 2012

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Pinburgh 2012

Postby Dropshot on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:02 pm

So if a player is playing at the B level after day one can he play great on Saturday and still make the A finals on Sunday? Or play great on Friday, poor on Saturday and get bumped to B? Given they aren't automatically given an A ranking of course.

Also, given that the PAPA Circuit only awards boints to the top 24 at each event does that mean winning B will give you zero boints towards the tour?

And one final question is about how many players make each division? It says 1/3 but is that of the total amount of players entered or is there a limit to each division and the Consolation tournament keeps getting bigger and bigger with the more entrants that sign up? I see that it can be as many as 90 players per division. Does that mean if there are 210 players that each division will then consist of 70 players or maybe 64 in each to make things simple then the last 12 are consolation?

Thanks Bowen! Just need the hall pass now. No kid and no ring should be an exemption of one shouldn't it?
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:17 pm

"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Opto on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Opto

Postby videomode on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:22 pm

If I can get a ticket for that price I'm in
dennis
videomode

Postby Isaac on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 pm

HWJP?
Isaac

Postby bkerins on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 pm

bkerins

Postby TheStandardNate on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:21 am

It is 3/5, did you buy a ticket Dropshot?
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Postby Dropshot on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Unfortunately I will not be making it this year.
Dropshot

Postby bkerins on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Boo-urns!

Sorry to hear it. Catch up with you in June in Seattle?

- Bowen
Pinburgh: now serving 203 players, $21,800 in cash prizes
bkerins

Postby Raymond on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 am

Bowen, will you be at NW Championships this year?
Raymond

Postby bkerins on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:40 am

Sir yes sir! I'm happy to be able to attend for the first time, and will be there for the week between. See you there if not sooner.

... $21,900 ...
bkerins

Postby bkerins on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:16 pm

In case you haven't seen it yet, the list of games is slowly getting posted here:

http://papa.org/blog/2012/03/pinburgh-game-list/

27 groups (108 games) posted so far, 18 more groups to go. All games have video links so you can check out games if you've never heard of 'em. If you have an idea for a name for a group, let me know. There's a few groups where nobody has really figured out the common link, I guess that's okay!

Pinburgh: now serving 214 players, $22,900 in cash prizes.

Thanks!
- Bowen
bkerins

Postby JDYeager on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Minor publicity perhaps, but, tipped off by yours truly, The Interrobang, the companion website to Sirius/XM's Ron & Fez Show (XM 105/Sirius 206 M-F 11-3 ET), has listed Pinburgh in the "Do This:" portion of its "Filtered Excellence" section this week. (Genuine old school pinball enthusiasm is a recurring topic on R&F.)

Here's the link:

I'm in PA and hoping to make it out to Pinburgh; unfortunately I can't get there on Friday, so no competition for me. Except, of course, for the inevitable side competition(s) in which I relieve you of all your hard-earned P-Town goldies....

JD
JDYeager

Postby bkerins on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:08 am

bkerins

Postby PatC on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

PatC

Postby bkerins on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Less than a week to go now. We're up to 238 players! Thanks everyone, and good luck to those who are coming.

Last chance to give some ideas for game group names @ papa.org/blog.

Take care!
- Bowen
bkerins

Postby Rob on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Does anyone need anything brought from the Motor City?
I should be arriving late on Thursday or at the crack of dawn on Friday.
Rob

Postby Opto on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:45 am

Rob - yes. Bring me your EBD. Also - please provide a magical contraption that will allow me to take it as a carry on item for the flight home. Thx.
Opto

Postby emma on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:56 am

I think all who are attending should definitely bring trackies and organize a day to wear them en masse!
emma

Postby TheStandardNate on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 am

Shit all I have are Indianapolis Colts sweat pants.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

PreviousNext

Return to Events