[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Rose City Showdown IV Feb. 17-19

Rose City Showdown IV Feb. 17-19

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Rose City Showdown IV Feb. 17-19

Postby Opto on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Videos for Beat The Clock. I strongly suggest getting familiar with how it works. The ruleset is awesome and I think it'll make a great tournament game . . . but it's completely different than your normal 3-ball setup.

As long as you have time on the clock when the ball drains it'll be served up again, so house balls don't hurt you too much.

On the other hand . . . it's possibly to play your first ball for 2 minutes and run the clock out . . . drain with zero time units left and it's game over. Hence the strategy in stopping the clock . . . not starting it back up and adding time - all while trying to get boints by building, multiplying and collecting bonus.

Rules Explained -

Gameplay -

"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Jules on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:15 am

Noah, You do a great job with tutorial videos. Thanks for sharing.
Jules

Postby Opto on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:56 am

;)

If anyone has any questions about how it works, post away.

Also, I should clarify. The bonus value maxes at 395k w/o bonus multipliers. So, a max bonus collect at 5x is worth about 2 million.
Opto

Postby caseyjarman on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey, this is Casey from Willamette Week. I was planning on writing a short piece on the Showdown but Aaron seems to have disappeared and his phone is dead. Can anyone here hook me up with contact info (preferably phone # since I'm on a super short deadline) for one of the higher-ranked players coming to town for the event? That was the plan, to do a quick Q&A with sweet art. Please email me if you can help, or if you know how to get ahold of Aaron. I'm at cjarman [at] wweek [dot] com. Thank you!
caseyjarman

Postby Opto on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Hey Casey - I sent you an email with a bunch of info. Lemme me know if there's anything we can do to help!
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:29 am

Hey sorry for the confusion here. But I posted the time wrong earlier. So these are the correct times for qualifying.

Friday 12pm-2am
Saturday 12pm-12am
Sunday 12pm Classics finals, open to follow
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:31 am

Nice little write up on the papa blog -

http://papa.org/blog/
Opto

Postby ORBIT on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:00 pm

"Herb" style... as in "HERB" style?
ORBIT

Postby Isaac on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey Noah, does the BtC bonus zero-out after collecting it?
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby ROM on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Perhaps "HERB style" should be explained on the RCP site. Many people may not know what that means.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Opto

Postby FHF on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:38 pm

OK, in order to prevent any default "non-herb" tournaments, the previously termed "herb-style" tournament is now officially called an "open qualifying tournament" unless someone comes up with a better name :?

But don't take my word for it...

http://rosecitypinball.com/rose-city-showdown-iv/
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Dropshot on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:30 am

WW article about the event with interview from Cayle

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-1 ... _out_.html
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 pm

KME now from Seattle!
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Also mentioned in the 11 Awesomely Geek Things To Do In Portland this week.

http://www.wweek.com/portland/blog-2822 ... _geek.html
Dropshot

Postby ORBIT on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Oh yeah, the kind of tournament like the Texas Deathmatch aka the Shitkicker Classic? Can I at least get an "Open Qualifying Tournament AKA HERB-style" addendum?
ORBIT

Postby FHF on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:29 pm

You got it!
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Opto on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:27 am

Are Eric/Rom playing off for the 12th classics spot?
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:17 pm

If anyone is interested in hearing me make an ass of myself more than usual I believe I am doing a live radio interview about this weekends event on 860 AM shortly after 5 tonight.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:58 pm

And here is dropshot on TV!

And here's the Oregonian's article on the tourney and other stuff.
Vibe Police
ROM

PreviousNext

Return to Events