[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - 2/7 Ground Kontrol

2/7 Ground Kontrol

You have no life. Click here to get one!

2/7 Ground Kontrol

Postby videomode on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 am

Ground Kontrol
511 NW Couch St. Portland, OR 97209
Phone: (503) 796.9364

Single game, double elimination. $5 Entry. Starts at 7:00pm.

Games will be decided the day of the tourney. Most Likely left and middle rooms.
dennis
videomode

Re: 2/7 Ground Kontrol

Postby Isaac on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:39 pm

For next week's build I'm going to add tournament stats and player achievements, including:

Tournament Length
Total number of matches
Players with the most wins total
Longest/Shortest Match
Most plays at a single game
Double KO - Players that knocked a single player out of the winners bracket, then again later in the elimination bracket
Revenge - Eliminating a player that knocked you out of the winners bracket
CFF Destroyer - Most wins agains CFF members (joking)

Let me know if you want to see anything else based on the tournament data.
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Haha, CFF Destroyer.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby eric on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:27 pm

What if the CFF Destroyer is a CFF member? Benedict Arnold award?
eric

Postby Dropshot on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:28 pm

I think those are all great ideas. I find the longest/shortest match to be meh, but the rest will be intriguing to look at.

$20 to whoever can knock out 20 CFF members first in the 2012 year. I don't think it can be done!
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:30 pm

I will also put $20 on Paul being involved in the longest match. The clock runs during smoke, beer, and bathroom breaks between balls right?
Dropshot

Postby Isaac on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 pm

The match length would be from the moment the match is drawn until the results are entered. So it really wouldn't mean much when you consider how long it takes to find your opponent, wait between balls, and get someone to submit the results. But I've already wrote the timer so it's going in anyway.
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Isaac, what if you're not there to stop the timer? What if you yourself are in a match when another one ends - would you have someone else there to back you up and "officially end the match" so that the time is accurate?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Isaac on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:59 pm

The app gets passed to Aaron or Dennis when I'm playing. The match timers are more anecdotal than anything else. That said I'll add an Average Match Length stat to the tournament results too, maybe even clipping off the high and low outliers.
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby MWF on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 pm

MWF

Postby Isaac on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 pm

I'll start posting the bracket images starting from last week so we can all take Aaron up on that bet.
Isaac

Postby Dropshot on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 pm

shit, you think I'm paying it? That money is coming from the $5 a week take out. Nice little bonus incentive prize.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm

That last comment could look bad for those that don't know what is going on.

Starting last week at Club 21, $5 is being taken out from each week to be added to the prize pool for the 2012 RCP Championships. Well that prize pool just became $20 smaller if someone can eliminate 20 CFF members in weekly tournaments.
Dropshot

Postby wdx on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Is that 20 different CFF members or what? I am already almost there if the same people count more than once. All Hail WDX!!!
wdx

Postby Dropshot on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Ha, you're not even close. Everyone is at zero.

Elimination from the tournament only, first to 20 wins 20.

Noah
Jake
Dennis
DannyB
Myself

Any other random CFF doesn't count.
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 am

all CFF counts!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby TheStandardNate on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:42 pm

This should be buy in. Winner takes the pot.
TheStandardNate

Postby Soundcard on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:39 am

so if i show up it doesnt count? i didnt realize i had been kicked out.
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Postby Isaac on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:30 pm

1 Noah Davis
2 Jeff Weston
3 Isaac Ruiz
4 Kris Fast
5 Vince Poudrier
5 Kane MacAniff
7 Danny Backglass
7 Kevin Kerr
9 Jake McGhee