[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - NorthWest Pinball Championships! June 1-3 - VENUE FINALIZED!

NorthWest Pinball Championships! June 1-3 - VENUE FINALIZED!

You have no life. Click here to get one!

NorthWest Pinball Championships! June 1-3 - VENUE FINALIZED!

Postby caylegeorge on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:26 am

Hi everyone,

The NorthWest Pinball Championships will be taking place June 1st-3rd 2012!

The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Marysville WA.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
8606 36th AVE NE
Marysville WA
98270 U.S.A

Remember, the tournament will NOT be at the NW show this year because of a date conflict with IFPA9.

The NWPC is one of the largest pinball tournaments in the world!

To learn about the tournament, please visit our website - updated with all of this years new information:

This year the NWPC will be a satellite event for IFPA9, you can win the spot into the IFPA9 World Pinball Championships taking place the weekend after the show in Seattle!

Looking forward to the event, and I hope to see everyone there!
Feel free to email any questions, and please pass the tournament info on to your pinball friends!

Thanks for all the support Portland!!

Thank you,

-cAyle

WIN PILES OF HARD CASH :D
Last edited by caylegeorge on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
caylegeorge

Re: NorthWest Pinball Championships! June 1st-3rd in Seattle!

Postby Opto on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:57 am

I love how Belsito and Raymond have bricks of $1's - ha.

Looking forward to it.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby deathsave on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 am

the date and/or venue will change. stay tuned.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby revtest on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 pm

You can't just drop that a go away! more info now!!!!!!!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby caylegeorge on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:04 am

Original post has been edited with changes regarding the location of this years tournament.

The dates for the SHOW are changing (as of now they are moving to the weekend of June 8-9-10) . With IFPA9 taking place the same weekend as the SHOW's new dates, the NorthWest Pinball Championships TOURNAMENT will NOT be held at the show this year.

The NorthWest Pinball Championships will still take place June 1-3 2012 in the Seattle area at a to be determined venue.

Nothing about the NWPC Tournament or its dates is changing, just the venue.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We expect to have the new location of the NWPC finalized in the coming weeks. It will still be in the Seattle area for certain.

Hopefully with a new venue and our own dedicated location we can make this the best tournament yet!

Very sorry for any problems or confusion this is causing. Hope everyone will still make it even with only the tournament happening the 1st-3rd. But hey, what else were you coming for anyway ? :)

Hit me with any questions
Thank you,

-cAyle
caylegeorge

Postby Opto on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:50 am

Actually kinda stoked that the tournament will be separate this year.

If you were planning on going to the show mainly for the tournament, you just got another $45 added to your qualifying fund.
Opto

Postby deathsave on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:56 pm

you'll have to watch something else and get yelled at on sunday afternoon!

they should throw one anyway and finally get that B division!

add your jokes below!
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby caylegeorge on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Answer to some questions:

We are trying to secure a convention center / rental hall type space.
No money will be taken out of the pot - so rest qassured, your entries will not be paying for the location.
There will be NO fee to get in to the event if you are playing in the tournament.
caylegeorge

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Who is supplying the machines?
Dropshot

Postby caylegeorge on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:20 pm

The machines will be sourced from local collections as we have in the past when the tournament has been at the show.
caylegeorge

Re: NorthWest Pinball Championships! June 1-3 - VENUE FINALIZED!

Postby FHF on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 am

Sounds great! Glad you guys found a location. Now that there's no expo entry, maybe you can tweak the volunteer score keeper setup so that people don't have to commit to 8+ hours. You can put me down for four!
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby caylegeorge on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Awesome Fred!

We will have a volunteer sign up soon, and we will try and offer something for people who volunteer - (working on this)

Thanks for your support guys!

-cAyle
caylegeorge

Postby Joey9Fingers on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Is the line up announced in advance? This will be my 1st pinball tournament, so I'm really just hoping to have some fun & meet some new people.
Joey9Fingers

Postby TheStandardNate on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 pm

I am in for 4 hours as well.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Postby Dropshot on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:44 am

NW usually does not announce their line-up before hand.

You should come up to Portland April 22nd for Pinbrawl. It is a head to head format that would be very easy for you to run at your arcade. You should check it out.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Maybe it'll be different this year as it's split off from the show?

Agreed - starting regular low stakes head to heads at your arcade is probably the best way to develop a regular competitive player base.
Opto

Postby Joey9Fingers on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:21 am

Yeah, my cousin & I have been doing daily's on my BK2K, I know the game gets no love, but I'm hooked! It does suck for group play because the lock is communal. But that just makes it all the more fun when I get multi off of the 2 balls he worked so hard to get locked! One of his friends has been coming in to jump on the action too! Oh, and this kid from our neighborhood (he's like 10) comes in on the regular to throw down...I've converted him from xbox! The kid is good! He put 410M up on TZ a few week back. He has potential to be in our fledgling gang! Potential name is "dirty bay ballers"! I'll see about swinging Pinbrawl, maybe I'll just do pinbrawl? Hard to get away for 2 weekends that close together (at least with out buying my wife a really nice present for putting up with my sorry ass!) Hey, off topic, have any of you guys been to minus world in Longview?
Joey9Fingers

Postby caylegeorge on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Games are kept as a surprise till the day qualifying starts.

Joey, you should come on up, you would have a great time!

-cAyle
caylegeorge

Return to Events