[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - PPE Tournament Info

PPE Tournament Info

You have no life. Click here to get one!

PPE Tournament Info

Postby jonnyo on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:48 pm

is here:

http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com/201 ... t-details/

The short version is: Open and Classics will be PAPA qualifying.

Novice will be a separate event on a different bank, one day only.

Hope to see you there!
jonnyo

Re: PPE Tournament Info

Postby coyle on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Am I crazy or is there no date on this anywhere? When is it?
The night life ain't no good life, but it's my life.
coyle

Postby Jules on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:02 pm

You are not crazy. Here is a better link http://pacificpinball.org/events/ppe-5 Sept 23-25th
Jules

Postby jonnyo on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:37 am

jonnyo

Postby TheStandardNate on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 pm

I just booked a hotel about 1 mile from the Expo. I get in Friday night at like 5 PM from Chicago. If anyone needs a floor to crash on you are more than welcome. I think I could get away with letting 2 or 3 folks crash and not get charged. Let me know.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Postby jonnyo on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:22 pm

jonnyo

Postby PatC on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Zoe had an amazing game of TZ last night to qualify 8th in the PPE tournament:

I played one ticket and got 18th -- which is great, because I couldn't stay for finals (Noah and I drove up today) and would have got 18th if I had gotten any higher anyway.

Show was amazing, good times.
PatC

Postby PatC on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh, shit, forgot to mention -- Nate qualified for both, too! Good showing for the PDXers (and ex-PDXers) who made it down, I think.
PatC

Postby TheStandardNate on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:32 pm

I am pretty sure that Zoe and I ended in a 4 way tie for 12th in the open tourney. I blew it in the Classics. Played shit and I think ended 14th. Had a ton of fun, Johnny and Dave who ran the tourney are freaking awesome dudes. Dave is also the guy who is the lead or is part of the design team for the custom EM machines at PAPA headquarters. Preatty freaking cool. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeykenned ... 8098/show/ Didn't get to stay for the finish of the open tourney, but top 4 in the classics were, Andrei M, Bob (awesome guy who wears gloves and I can't remember his last name), Johnny D, and Stephan from France. Gavin from Blairally in Eugene who was a tech at NWOhpin took 8th. Fun weekend. I will definitely come back next year.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Postby jonnyo on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:00 pm

God DAMN I am tired.

First off HUGE THANKS to the Team:

SUPER EXTRA THANKS TO KEVIN MARTIN. Kevin provided the PAPA software
and a generous contribution to the Museum. Too generous. Too top
tier. 100% payback to players due to Kevin's generosity.

DAVE BAACH: co-tournament manager. Just broke ASS with setup, tech,
admin, score entry, keeping people cool, etc. list is just too long.
This tournament would have been a MESS without his help.

NATE FROM PORTLAND: Basically took over score-keeping for novice and
then ran most of Novice Finals like a friggin' champ because I had to
go do a seminar. Hats off to Nate.

CHRIS KOCHAN: Super-attentive tech, checking in regularly, tech on the
spot, who "gets it" when it comes to tourney settings and issues.

BRAD GRANT: For organizing tournament volunteers who in turn did much
of the score entry.

RANDY ELWIN: Tourney Cam pimp.

All the volunteers, scorekeepers, game movers, set up help. Just a
short list but Josh Warren, Jim Vierra (brought a T2 for the
tournement), Chris Heilig, Jeanie Rodriguez, many more, and sorry for
the many I missed.

These people all did their part to create a forum for competitive
pinball. My hat tips to them.

On to the results:

In Classics, the big X factor was a guy named Stephan Colleredo. No
WPPR record, had an accent - spanish?, but was #2 qualifier. He was
clearly a skilled player. Great moves and saves. Made it to the
final four but Andrei is just too good.

Classics:

10th: Mike Kang $40
9th: Karl DeAngelo $50
8th: Gavin Keable $65
7th: Walter Hurwitz $65
6th: Chris Heilig $90
5th: Keith Elwin $103
4th: Stephan Colleredo $116 + Plaque
3rd: Johnny Modica $155 + Plaque
2nd: Bob Matthews $233 + Plaque
Classics GRAND CHAMPION: Andrei Massenkoff $375 + Plaque

In Open, Karl DeAngelo had to bow out to catch a flight as Finals were
underway, and took 4th. Tim Hansen had to leave the tournament
Saturday and was 4th qualifying seed.

Game 3 for the Final 3 was basically up for grabs for Cayle or Keith
on Twilight Zone. The only scenario that would keep Kevin alive is if
he took first and the other two finished in the correct order to force
a one game sudden death. I guess the pinball karma was in his favor
and all three players tied with 7 boints each.

Last game was determined by coin-flip to be Capcom Airborne. This was
more pinball karma for Kevin as he got the top score in qualifying on
this game, but Cayle wasn't far behind. Still, it seems this was
really Kevin's franchise game. Proving he's not just "Show" and also
has plenty of "Go", Kevin took Airborne for the win.

KEVIN MARTIN HAS WON THE PPE OPEN TOURNAMENT. !!GRAND CHAMPION!!
HUGE CONGRATS TO KEVIN!!

Open:

10th: Joe Scaletta $40
9th: Julie Gray $50
8th: Andrei Massenkoff $65
7th: Josh Lehan $65
6th: Kyle Sellers $90
5th: Johnny Modica $100
4th: Karl DeAngelo $116 + Plaque
3rd: Cayle George $155 + Plaque
2nd: Keith Elwin $233 + Plaque
OPEN GRAND CHAMPION: Kevin Martin $375 + Plaque

Still looking for the novice results and I'll post those ASAP.
jonnyo

Return to Events