[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - 2011 Tourneys

2011 Tourneys

You have no life. Click here to get one!

1 vote, closes the 15th.

Poll ended at Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 pm

My Father's Place
50%
Red Flag
50%

Total votes : 20

Re: 2011 Tourneys

Postby FHF on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:51 am

That's the thing. There is a skylight right there, but there's also a TV which is directly above the machines. Kind of a bad placement with the skylight, but once it gets dark the glare from the TV is horrible. Cool place though.
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Dropshot on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:56 am

This voting is getting crazy, last night Fred mentioned that there are 7 spots, why do we only have 5 votes. Should there be 7 votes? Should I make a poll to find out?
Dropshot

Postby videomode on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:34 am

Dropshot just pick where you want to play and fuck the polls
dennis
videomode

Postby Dropshot on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:49 am

polls are fun and if people want to play at different places they should be able to voice that. Besides it would be nice eventually to not have to run everything...give the power back to the people...and all that crap.
Dropshot

Postby videomode on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:23 pm

I was joking. get it
dennis
videomode

Postby kevin on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm

I think the only bad thing about Vern is that backdoor. It won't be as big of a problem if you schedule most of the tournaments there when it is shitty weather and people are not going to sit in the back. Kind of the opposite of Apex, where we should have them when the weather is nice so we can use the outside.

I think Vern is out at this point, so I'm making a pitch for it. It usually has a good line-up and it's a nice open space (other than that little corner) and when we are there the pinball players are a majority of the bar.
kevin

Postby FHF on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:11 pm

FHF

Postby Legs on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 pm

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Dropshot on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Yeah...my computer is my computer. Not a tournament computer. Don't you have a computer anyways? I actually don't mind running tournaments at all, helps keep me focused. It is has been nice having people step up when I can't/don't want to go. Having people say "hey, I'll run all the Vern tournaments' doesn't really work since I still set the schedule and it may not work out for them. I think it's fine the way it is right now.
Dropshot

Postby FoggyKevin on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:37 pm

I would love to see The Foggy Notion on the list if it is not too late.

Current line-up is The Shadow, Earthshaker, NBA, Road Show.

Swapping something for Avatar 10/20 (very likely NBA)
Swapping something for Creature from the Black Lagoon in November (TBD) or maybe just having 5 machines.

Would love to host. I can run them and have a laptop.
FoggyKevin

Postby Dropshot on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 pm

I think it might be too late for the list above but we will figure something out for ya. Most of us will be up for the Avatar tournament if not before, the list above isn't set in stone for next year either. I still don't think Apex is a good place so maybe if the Notion has space and all that stuff...
Dropshot

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Avatar is replacing BSD at Apex within a week.

The owner of Apex treats the place like his own private clubhouse, which results in a line-up consisting of games that pretty much only he wants to play but also results in him being pretty aggressive about making Cashbox maintain them. So that he can start a four player on two different machines and leave them unattended for 45 minutes at a time.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby kevin on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:32 pm

You convinced me to change my vote. Fuck that place.

Go Vern!
kevin

Postby Dropshot on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Little kids wipe their boogers on the flipper buttons at Voodoo...they saw me doing it and joined in.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:07 pm

So I took the top 4 places out and there are now locked in for next year. Ground Kontrol, BOG, Shanghai and Slingshot are all in. The rest we re-vote for the final 3 spots. 3 spots means 3 votes, once again you can change your vote if you change your mind.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Let me know if I forgot your favorite place to play and I can add it.
Dropshot

Postby videomode on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Dropshots house
dennis
videomode

Postby Opto on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:42 am

The standard - billy rays - slabtown
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby FHF on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:18 am

This is confusing. You should still list the locked in places in the poll (without a voting option) so people can see the whole picture.
FHF

Postby Isaac on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 am

From what I understand, the code only allows for 10 voting options. I feel like having a bunch of locations in there that you couldn't vote for would be even more confusing. So here's the list of locked locations for the sake of having them all in one place:

1. Billy Ray's
2. C-Bar
3. Clinton Street
4. Ship Ahoy
5. Slabtown
6. The Standard
7. Ground Kontrol
8. BOG
9. Shanghai Tunnel
10. Slingshot Lounge
HWJP?
Isaac