[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - PAPA 13

PAPA 13

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: PAPA 13

Postby JDYeager on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Hell yes! Looks like PatC just busted a #1 entry in C Div.:

http://www.papa.org/papa13/live/C-pretty.html
JDYeager

Postby Dropshot on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:37 pm

Noah is starting to play A too! Nicely done Pat!
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:28 pm

I totally bombed in the tournament, but had a great time nonetheless. Some observations about the tournament/machines . . .

Tilts - totally reasonable - dare I say even slightly loose. Bowen shook the addams left and right a few inches and wiggled a ball up and out of the outlane. Apparently this was a big change from previous years.

Level - Games all had leg levers on and were steep, but not ridiculous. Ramps were all easy to hit from a trap or on the fly.

Basterdization (?) - Iron man had the outlane posts removed. TZ had the left outlane post removed. The feed on Paragon from the waterfall was SDTM.

All in all, I would say that the games were much more playable than I was expecting them to be.

I had the most fun playing dollar games w/ friends on the incredible selection of classic SS games!!!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Opto on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 am

Another highlight - dollar games with CFF, Rob and KOI!!!
Attachments
KOI_JAKE.jpg
KOI_JAKE.jpg (90.27 KB) Viewed 10405 times
Opto

Postby PatC on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:05 pm

I put up a bunch of photos from PAPA13 yesterday (and the day before)...

I had a blast.

I echo Noah's feedback about Tilt's. I only tilted once during the tourney and that was on a WCS that others had also reported being "really sensitive." The machines played perfectly, really, it was pretty amazing. Dave, the tech there, is really good -- and it was crazy to have him fix anything you mentioned almost instantly.

I ended up qualifying 3rd; last minute sniper at 2am knocked me off of 1st, and then a misplaced score card, knocked me down to second... I ended up coming in 10th in C -- the jitters from too much coffee and not enough sleep (going to bed at 5am, getting up to play at 9am) had me faltering in the finals. Call me a wuss, but I think I'd do C again next year.
PatC

Postby Opto on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Pat - when you crush C next year, you'll have no choice but to bump up to b in 2012. You played really, really well. Also - props to Maka for making top 8 in B (I wish I could have tied 6th with you again!). Let's not forget Cayle placing 4th in A - damn impressive! Those games in the finals were brutal! No total victories, but the Northwest had a strong showing in all divisions!
Opto

Postby kathygagno on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Northwest players did well in Classics too. Eden placed in the top 8 of Classics I and another guy from VRPA, John Kremmer, finished third. Robert finished in second place in Classics II.
What a fun experience to be at PAPA. Watching the finals in all divisions is really something. The Portland, Seattle, Vancouver area players who made it to Pittsburgh probably all have stories to tell:)
kathygagno

Postby Opto on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:14 pm

If you haven't heard about Bowens INSANE TAF save . . . here you go.

Watch it full screen in 720p for the full effect (why I didn't embed the video) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj_hBAsa ... r_embedded
Opto

Postby mgk on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:06 pm

so is Cayle the NW's great white hope, or is someone gonna step up and take home the hardware already?
you got dudes in contention cross a coupla divisions...

thanks for coming out though, f'real, bring more people back with you next year, please!
mgk

Postby mgk on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Full 41minute video and flip-by-flip breakdown of the final and deciding game on Creature from the Black Lagoon.

http://tiltwarning.com/blog/2010/08/wor ... iding-game
mgk

Postby revtest on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Sweet thanks Dave! We will bring more!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Eden on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:45 am

Eden

Postby revtest on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:50 am

Oh shit, I just noticed I am also white!

Oh right it was the "Great" and "Hope" parts I'm coming up short on.
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby ROM on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby mgk on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:17 pm

video's got over 60,000 plays in 4days
most watched game of pinball in the history of forever.
mgk

Postby mgk on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:21 pm

just now remembering that some of you gents helped move games around late Saturday night
thanks for that.
mgk

Previous

Return to Events