[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - 6/29 Tourney moved to Bar Of Gods (BOG)

6/29 Tourney moved to Bar Of Gods (BOG)

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Where do you want the 6/29 tourney to be?

Apex
19%
Bar of Gods
26%
Duckett's
7%
Hawthorne Theatre
38%
Plan B
3%
Portsmouth
No votes
None of these places
3%

Total votes : 26

6/29 Tourney moved to Bar Of Gods (BOG)

Postby Dropshot on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:18 pm

I can't decide. I would like to get a new spot but not sure which one so we will vote on it and which ever one has the most votes by May 12th wins. You can vote 2 times, you may also change your votes. If 'none of these wins' it will be at a place we have already played this year.

Line-ups:

Apex- IJ, LOTR, TSPP, TOM
BOG- BBH, SM, SOPR, WCS'94
Duckett's- TSPP, TZ, SOPR, MB
Hawthorne Theatre- STTNG, SWEP1, T2, JM
Plan B- GnR, BDK, CFTBL, FG (may have heavy metal going on)
Portsmouth Pizza- BDK, LOTR, RFM, POTC
Dropshot

Re: 6/29 Tourney YOU CHOOSE WHERE!

Postby Opto on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks for putting up the vote option.

PS - don't vote for stern heavy locations!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby sauce on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Did they take Solar CIty out of Hawthorne?
sauce

Postby Legs on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:30 pm

solar city's at slabtown now.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby emma on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:28 am

What about VooDoo? Have we played there lately? Maybe I was busy throwing up and missed that tournament...
emma

Postby Opto on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:01 am

Voodoo is on 5-18
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Sun May 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Only a few more days left to vote
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Tue May 11, 2010 10:39 am

This time tomorrow and the polls will be closed.
Dropshot

Postby DannyBackglass on Tue May 11, 2010 1:51 pm

hawthorne theater most likely will have a show and a cover. just sayin.
DannyBackglass

Postby Opto on Tue May 11, 2010 3:49 pm

I've gone to play pinball there during shows - never paid a cover. STTNG, T2, JM and Ep1 is a good tournament lineup - not a SINGLE stern!
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Tue May 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Good point. No tourney during a show. Way to much of a pain in the ass. If Hawthorne wins I will make sure there is no show, or it will go to the second place finisher.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Tue May 11, 2010 4:38 pm

And it might be too late to garner enough votes, but... red flag! I think that could make for a good tourney venue. It has a lot of open space behind the machines. And televisions!!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Tue May 11, 2010 4:59 pm

I will see what I can do about Red Flag, we don't want to stretch ourselves out at too many places. Or we can just not do 4 events at each place.
Dropshot

Postby Ricochet on Wed May 12, 2010 12:27 am

The manager at Hawthorne Theater is very easy to work with and since the bar is separate from the theater I doubt you'd have to pay a cover if you let them know ahead of time that you are having a tournament. Let us know if you need help contacting them.

Thanks,
Jeri & Trish
Ricochet

Postby ROM on Wed May 12, 2010 12:34 pm

ROM

Postby Opto on Wed May 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Agreed - although I think a qualifier should be how the machines are playing. I'd rather play 4 tournaments a year at a spot with machines that play well, then have more variety that includes games that are problematic.

How are the machines at Reg Flag playing? They seemed pretty decent last time I was there, but the lineup has changed a bit since then.
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 12, 2010 2:12 pm

I think machine quality is the most important thing, as well as space and how the bar treats us all. I also like to play all 4 tourneys at a single place so that when a player wins one or does well they have the full opportunity to continue to do well there and accumulate some boints.

I want to do a weekly open qualify tournament soon. $5 entry. Play 3 different games and record your scores. Get a point value based on how others did and the top 12 or so move on to either head to head match or 4 player round robin with top 4 getting a bye. Either way you are still guaranteed 3 games. Which is more than the way the weeklies are now. Basically in will be like a mini Showdown or a Green Dragon for those who played in that one. I think it needs to be a place with at least 5 machines and some space. Maybe C-Bar?
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Wed May 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Sounds fun - how bout Shanghai Tunnel? They'll have 5 pins and you know they'll all be playing great. Would players only qualify on 3 games, or would it be $5 for 3 plays on any of the games, and your qualifying score would be based on how well you do on all 5 of the games? Unlimited entries during qualifying time?
Opto

Postby Opto on Wed May 12, 2010 2:54 pm

If everyone only plays once on the qualifying machines, I would vote for everyone to have to play the same 3 machines and give point totals base on the top X number of scores for each machine.
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 pm

No, I like it more like PAPA style. $5 3 games of the 5 instead of $20 5 of 10 or whatever it is. I still think 1 entry only or it will take to long. If we are all playing different machines maybe it would be wise o pick the unpopular game even though it may not be your strongest. Maybe do top 10 scores on each machine is awarded boints.
Dropshot

Next

Return to Events