[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Iron Man Tournament at Slingshot 5/5 til 5/6

Iron Man Tournament at Slingshot 5/5 til 5/6

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Iron Man Tournament at Slingshot 5/5 til 5/6

Postby ROM on Fri May 07, 2010 11:05 am

Paul's got anger problems or something. I didn't see him on Iron Man, but I've seen him elsewhere. He freaks out and hits machines, pissing off ops and owners l-r.

DannyB used to have problems with that, too. It takes work to get past it in order to be less aggro and needlessly pissed, but it's worth it. Right, DannyB?

Yesterday when people learned how easy it was to do bangbacks, they started shoving the machine 3-4 inches each time they drained down the right. Excessive!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Fri May 07, 2010 11:35 am

I'll be the first to admit - I deathsaved the hell out of that thing . . . and it WAS excessive. When there's a hundred bucks on the line and virtually no tilt, I can't help myself. The tilt bob on that thing must have been barely on. Simple solution - tighten that sucker WAY UP.

Qdub - thanks for putting this on - it was a lot of fun, and I will apologize for deathsaving your machine - sorry about that.

We all know loose tilts make for sloppy play + bangbacks & deathsaves. It's more fun playing a new machine that's dialed with a hair sensitive tilt, anyway. Maybe make the tilt A LOT tighter, and the machine steeper if you throw another one? Would make for shorter ball times, additional coin drop to recoup the cash prize, and most importantly reward good ball control/play vs. people like me deathsaving cuz I can :D. I don't even think about pulling crap like that when it's impossible - ya know?

The donkey kicking thing is inexcusable . . .
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Rob on Fri May 07, 2010 11:59 am

Qdub changed the play of the machine around a good bit after the end of the tournament last night. He made the machine steeper and upped the ball save to 9 sec. It plays sooooo much better now without the floaty outlane drains; when you lose the ball it seems like your fault (and not the machine); and I'm willing to bet that it's harder to deathsave as well (I did not want to give it a try).
Rob

Postby Dropshot on Fri May 07, 2010 12:50 pm

"Jericho mode is for noobs"

I still find it to be a pointless mode. I haven't gotten to far in it though and on two occasions it has started while I would have had the 50 mil hurry up. One reason I do not like it is that it cannot be timed out so if you are about to collect the 50 mil you are completely screwed.

But then this is where Cayle comes in a says "well you should have gotten all your Super Jackpots before hand and you still have ball 2 and 3 and it's really easy to beat Jericho 3 or 4 times before you even bring you up the Monger"

Sound about right?

I like this game, hopefully a few minor software changes are made. Also, did I hear correctly that new Batman software is out? Including more in-depth modes, another MB, and possibly a wizard mode???
Dropshot

Postby Rob on Fri May 07, 2010 1:23 pm

So after some preliminary scouting today on RGP, I still haven't found a good explanation of how to advance the Marks in IM. Mark I is definitely triggered by lighting all six of the roll-over lanes, but I can't figure out the other five Marks.

Also, how do you get the different modes to stay lit? I know that Iron Monger will stay lit if you hit the Super Jackpot (center spinner after you spell Monger during multiball. But what are the Super Jackpots for the other modes? I assume that Whiplash involves hitting the 5 Jackpot shots, and then hitting the Whiplash standups. Let me know if any of you have figured this shit out. Or feel free to point me in the direction of someone who has already explained it.
Rob

Postby FHF on Fri May 07, 2010 2:46 pm

You light all 6 marks by completing the rollovers six times. You can get super jackpot for monger, whiplash, and war machine. They start blinking then and stay lit. Not sure about the others. I also don't know if they stay lit after you get the 50 mil. I only did it once and then I started Jericho mode immediately and subsequently drained (ball 3).
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby sauce on Fri May 07, 2010 5:35 pm

I am pretty sure that completing the lanes only lights Mark 1. All the other marks are other minor achievements, not sure what though... but once you get the first mark, the others come pretty quick and usually without completing the rollovers again.
sauce

Postby PatC on Sat May 08, 2010 1:17 am

I went and played a bit tonight.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but do you really defeat Iron Monger by trying to hit him in the knees with a pinball?
PatC

Postby FHF on Fri May 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Yeah, I was definitely wrong about the rollovers. Those give you one mark. I think the other marks are lighting the 5 modes/multiball things in the center of the playfield. Then I think the last one is completing bogeys by hitting the ramps. That's 7 right?
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby ROM on Fri May 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri May 14, 2010 4:07 pm

I believe there are 6 marks

1-roll overs
2-Iron Man
3-Iron Monger
4 War Machine
5- Whip Lash
6- Bogey (4 shots on each ramp to start)

The droids do not give you a mark.

Once in Jericho you must get all the marks again. Iron Monger magnet is off so start with that and then go for the ramps to get bogey and roll overs at the same time.
Dropshot

Postby zaramilo on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:51 am

How to be Ironman at Marine Corps bootcamp? I know if you can get a 300 PFT at bootcamp you have a shot at Ironman. Im just looking for some extra information on exactly how they go about choosing who gets it? I leave for bootcamp 24th of October and im currently at 27 pullups, 115 crunches, and an 8:32 mile an a half. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
zaramilo

Postby Opto on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 am

^^^^^ Best post on this board in recent months.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 am

^^^^^ only post on this board in recent months.
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 pm

^^^ reading it was more fun than playing iron man.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Previous

Return to Events