[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Slabtown Showdown II July 30, 31 Aug. 1 2010

Slabtown Showdown II July 30, 31 Aug. 1 2010

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Slabtown Showdown II July 30, 31 Aug. 1 2010

Postby Maka on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 pm

ha, thanks Opto! Yeah! The Pacific Northwest rules the pinball world! :evil:
Maka

Postby PinBill on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Indeed, a great time. Thanks for the fun times, despite the significant lightening of my wallet. Of course, perhaps if I didn't let my brain get re-wired by the reverse-flippered Time Machine I might have had a bit more luck :). Probably not, as I saw some fantastic pinballing this weekend. Besides, I'm just happy I placed on the blacked out Bad Cats.

That was my first tournament to attend, save for the Ground Kontrol warmup you guys held. I'm sure I'll tumble into a weekly tournament or two.

Wish I'd chatted with more of you. I enjoyed meeting Jeri, Kathy Gagno, ROM (if briefly) and Bobby from Seattle.

Thanks again for the fun.
PinBill

Postby ROM on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Cool, on wppr. It would be nice if the article mentioned the city the tournament took place in.

Word up, bill, I remember thee.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Don't worry Rom, I think everyone knows it was Portland. We are going to see even more people next year, my guess is people are going to start skipping CAX and just come here.
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:20 pm

Congrats Team Gagno! Great showing, And congrats to all who placed this year great ball'n indeed! Super thanks to team Slabtown and my fellow co-ops & volunteers job well done! Thanks to all who came out and enjoyed themselves with some sweet pinball. Thanks to all the out of towner's for their continued support, (we own classics next year Maka!).

Jake
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Maurizio on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Here are links to videos of the final matches in classics and open tournaments. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILu71FkQPQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJpw3VVw58
Maurizio

Postby PirateMike on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:11 pm

That was most excellent fun. I wish I had taken the longboard, but I'll have to settle for dragging Zoe out riding one of these days ;)
PirateMike

Postby ROM on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:11 am

piratemike, I dissed you in the comments of Jeri's youtube video for the NES gun, since you said a lame thing on it. FYI!!

Also, on Saturday while on my way to Slabtown, old town was filled people dressed as pirates. Do you know what was up with that?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:57 pm

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby PirateMike on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:03 pm

I stand by my "sometimes" as an estimation of how often it worked, and I took the top score on it (with my very last quarter of the weekend, too!). It was an amazingly cool mod, any way you look at it.

I totally missed out on the pirate thing, which if I'd known about it, might have saved me some money, lol. There was some sort of event that had Plunder in the name, and it sounds like they do it semi-regularly. I didn't get many details from the scalawag that I accosted.
PirateMike

Postby Rob on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:43 pm

was . C'mon.
Rob

Postby ROM on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:30 am

I played the Star Trek a bunch (and got 30 million a couple times). The only time I ever experienced it not working was when I didn't aim correctly. And I watched a lot of people play, and the only time I saw it not working was when they aimed it incorrectly. But I did see a lot of people get frustrated and claim that it wasn't working all the time. And I was like, "sorry, I saw it, you missed."

But still, there could be truth to what you say. But still, it's kinduva toolish thing to say in her video. no? That was your one line!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby FHF on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:59 am

HAhaha!! Yes, whenever anyone drains I will now be saying, "Sorry, I saw it, you missed."
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby PirateMike on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:37 pm

PirateMike

Postby Eden on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Haven't been on here for a bit:

I wanna say thanks first to Noah and Emma for letting Bonz and I stay at your house on the weekend! It was like having our own little hotel room :D

... and thanks to EVERYONE who had any hand in making this event work. We both had a GREAT time! It was really fun, and nicely run! I'm looking forward to whatever big event you guys are thinkning of putting on in the *hopefully* near future.

2 cents:
- Have keys for ALL games available!! Pretty important IMO...
- Definitely have more than enough entries printed up... before the store closes! :P

Again though, very well done guys... just pointers, not any type of criticism at all! :)

I do have to agree with Steve's comments... we have a pretty awesome concentration of talent here in the WA/BC/OR or WABCOR (TM) area... and we only get better by pushing each other!

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you at PAPA later this week! Let's have some SERIOUS Northwest representation there! 8-)
Eden

Postby Rob on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Cascadian Pinball Alliance?

Rob

Postby Dropshot on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:26 pm

2 cents:
- Have keys for ALL games available!! Pretty important IMO...
- Definitely have more than enough entries printed up... before the store closes! :P

We actually printed off more Saturday morning and still didn't have enough. No where no how, did I ever anticipate that great of a turnout cash wise. We will be better prepared next year.

When I was told you said a ball was stuck, I thought it was stuck on your game of TSPP, We did have keys for DM which was where the ball was actually stuck wasn't it? Sorry about that. QE kinda let me down this year, I thought they were going to be more invloved. TSPP was their only game and the only one we did not have keys on site for. I did have Jacob on call the entire time though. Most likely Ricochet and other donated games will be the only ones used next year.

Glad you could make it down this year!
Dropshot

Postby Eden on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 am

Yeah, I was referring to TSPP... there was some issue on that a couple times where the key would have been good.
Eden

Postby Eden on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:15 am

Eden

Postby Dropshot on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:32 am

I don't know, I like Cascadian Pinball Alliance. I even already have the shirt for it, you just might be able to see it Thursday.
Dropshot

Previous

Return to Events