[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Voodoo Doughnut Tourney - Tuesday 12/15 7pm

Voodoo Doughnut Tourney - Tuesday 12/15 7pm

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Voodoo Doughnut Tourney - Tuesday 12/15 7pm

Postby Opto on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:21 am

Great turnout everyone! 25 people is about the most we've had in a weekly event. Also, thanks to the Seattle gang for joining us.

Congrats to James (COW) on his first win!

1 James Adamson (80)
2 Jake McGhee (30)
3 Ryan Gratzer (10)
4 Danny Backglass Belrose (5)
5 Paul Kalk
5 Elijah Nelson
7 Steve Lampros
7 Eric Hill
9 Emma Davis
9 JD Yeager
9 Elijah St. Clair
9 Ben Applebaum
13 Rob Timberlake
13 Melissa Anders
13 Brandon Smith
13 Krista Kelly
17 Brian Richardson
17 Mike Coppolino
17 Zoe Vrabel
17 Matt Rouse
17 Chris Rhodes
17 Josh Brake
17 Noah Davis
17 Aaron Nelson
25 Maka Honig
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Opto on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 am

Opto

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:56 pm

T2 was playing just fine before the tourney started and the ramps were easy.
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:29 pm

was there any hot elijah-on-elijah action?
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Yeah. I wasn't complaining about the flippers or ramps.

I just don't like that game because:

-The plunge shot is frequently a drain shot. And since you can't control the plunge at all, that's super frustrating.
-The lock shot is frequently a drain shot. This is a shot you're supposed to hit. But hitting it creates about a 50/50 chance of the ball falling SDTM. Yesterday on ball 2 of my final game, I did a very light slap in order to save my ball after hitting the lock. It was a well-executed move, and I connected it to a smooth ramp shot. But the machine tilted. I'm open to any witnesses telling me that I definitely stepped out of bounds with that save. But I feel confident that I wasn't acting aggressively. With a game that has such a stupid design (the lock shot is a drain shot), I don't think it should be set so tight.
-The exit out of the pop bumpers (just below those three targets) is frequently a drain shot! It exits out and just drops straight down the middle. Fun city!
-The playfield is dull. Dull, as in not very bouncy. Just clunk clunk clunk.
-I get assigned this game over and over and over (randomly, I know... but it still bugs me).

I've obtained decent scores on that machine many times. I just don't think the game is fun, and I often feel like I'm at the mercy of its lame design and action.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:45 pm

I can understand and agree with your frustrations on that machine. Standard, Golf and Voodoo all sent in.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Since I have been good about straying from topic lately let's do it again. Starting Feb. once again all tourney dates will be moved to Thursday. Also starting Feb. Each month a tourney will be held at GK on 6 machines (different each month) leading up to the actual GK tourney. Also, I talked to Jeri and Trish last night about throwing an actual PAPA style tourney in Feb as well. And by PAPA style I mean PAPA style. The lovely ladies of Ricochet seamed more than happy to set their machines to pure evil. I am thinking 6/7 machines, pick 4 for your card. The date and more details will be out soon. As will the split flipper, most likely else held in Feb. Busy month.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm

I still kinda like T2, but I totally agree about the drop target/lock shot. I think the way the super jackpot works on that game is incredibly challenging, yet I never go for multiball, cuz it's a sucker shot. Only safe way to go is Ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, which I'll agree gets boring. Definitely more variety in a bouncy T2. I think Ritchie games are pretty stiff in general. Throw some worn rubber on top of that and it plays like a Data East. Shots are either hitting ramps or bashing posts and dropping straight down. No where near the nudging opportunities. Compare the "Feel" of that T2, to that of the Dracula (super bouncy, lots of side to side action), and they feel like they aren't made by the same company.
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Noah, Also since I will no longer be sending out texts the day of if we are having a tournament next week we should get it posted as soon as possible.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:13 pm

True - and I'm kinda burnt on it . . . so I'm not going to organize one next week. If someone wants to take the reigns and borrow the laptop, they are more than welcome to come pick it up from me.
Opto

Postby ROM on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Also! I think there's a conspiracy brewing against me. Two of my wins yesterday were reported by unknown persons as losses for me (then corrected). And after I hit the skillshot on ball 3 against Revtest, I was told, "You got it." and so I looked up, and I didn't have it! then I stumbled around and then drained and then lost...

I won't be in town next week.

Hey Noah, I'm beating you in the rankings again! 143 vs 147!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:26 pm

I was told the same thing the other week against Noah by him and Dannyb, only i was player one. I think I am going to start a new rule that the only person who can say that you got it, is your opponent. Once he says you've got it, you can go as far as tilting the machine and if for some reason you didn't have it, well you got it now. I was lucky I knew I was player 1 and just kept playing. Also Noah even apologized and said if I had drained he would have given it to me. Which will now be the new rule. I think overall we are pretty good about it, but other players/opponents should not be talking to you, hovering over you or harassing anyone else.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Rom, you also passed Jake(146) as well
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:09 pm

That was my bad ROM sorry! I added wrong, said it, caught it, and said as much but still sorry......In my defense you did keep the ball alive awhile after however I will do my best not to say till I'm sure next time. :?
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby sauce on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 am

I agree that if an opponent says "You got it." it is the same as saying "I concede."
sauce

Postby Opto on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:47 am

Absolutely . . . cuz, well you are!
Opto

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 am

Vibe Police
ROM

Previous

Return to Events