[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - New tourney format for weeklies

New tourney format for weeklies

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Your Thoughts (vote twice)

Yes! Sounds great let's do it at Ship in early Jan
8%
Yes, I like it but let's try it another time
25%
Yes, Anytime I can beat DannyB I'm all for it
16%
Ehh, it needs some tweeking
41%
No, I don't like it, I would not partake
No votes
No, I don't like pinball or nerds for that matter
8%

Total votes : 12

Re: New tourney format for weeklies

Postby caylegeorge on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:36 pm

"didn't Johnny Mnemonic burn you 2 years in a row in the second round in A division"

Actually never had a chance to play JM at PAPA... my own lack of having any idea of how to play The Shadow sunk me in the quarterfinals of PAPA A last year. Played Dr Who for the first time ever in a PAPA A quarter finals as well. - woops :)

Had a phantom tilt kill me on taxi last year too, and then it got fixed AFTER our group finished /rolleyes.

it's always the machine's fault ;)

-cAyle

p.s. you will host another tournament with a machine as a prize ..... /me waives Jedi hand
caylegeorge

Postby Opto on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 pm

"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:35 pm

most likey two a year, we may change the Showdown to cash only since it seems 50% of the time people are just selling the trophy machines anyway
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Yeah . . . I'm selling it, but I still think a prize machine has a much higher perceived value to players paying entries then cash does. Also . . . consider the costs associated with generating a prize. I don't remember exactly how much money was paid for the LW3, but it was in REALLY rough shape when Jake and Eric picked it up (so I'm told). The value of the prize came from people putting work into it, fixing it up. I think the reason people will keep paying $10 after $10 is partly due to the shinny machine in the next room.

If there wasn't going to a be a prize machine . . . where would the prize money come from? Would it be $1000 or an unknown percentage of the entries? I know the LW3 didn't cost nearly that much, but what gave it the value it has was due to Eric and Jake fixing it. Emma, Dennis, Jake and I spent a whole damn weekend shopping it out too. I guess I think the eye candy a prize machine brings, will pull people out of the woodwork and they'll fork over more dough, but I could be wrong. It just seems like a tangible thing to be won, is more desirable (in the immediate) than a dollar amount, even if they're of equal value.

You know I'll play in it either way. If we do a prize machine . . . I'll be happy to help shop it out. It would certainly require less effort to have a cash prize, but it's just not as fun!

Call me a hipocrite if you want. Gimme as much shit as you want . . . I just think having a machine will boost attendance. I've looped that ramp enough times to last a lifetime . . . :lol:
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:21 pm

whats the mark? I think i've hit it maybe close to 100 times in a handful of games and am set as well.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:38 pm

I see a side contest developing for when people play it. Maybe I'll keep a "Ramp Champ" score on a post it note somewhere.
Opto

Postby videomode on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm in
dennis
videomode

Previous

Return to Events