[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - ***UPDATE*** Standard - 7pm Tues - 11/17

***UPDATE*** Standard - 7pm Tues - 11/17

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: ***UPDATE*** Standard - 7pm Tues - 11/17

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:30 pm

i've got some cigars i will bring you tonight, you know as peace offerings
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:45 pm

I don't care where it is this was just a poor one to reschedule we had invited a lot of out of townwers to this I must have given the cbar info to 5-6 people with no way to let them know it changed! anyone able to at least get ahold of the Aussie (Derik?) he's in town from another country and will probably show up to C-bar?
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:54 pm

i think it may have been darren. Did you give him the website at all? Maybe one of us can wait at Cbar, Standard isn't to far away.
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:58 pm

I did tell about the website not sure if it stuck with him or if he has a way to check it. but I will be out on the other side of town and hitting standard maybe hour early for practice on my way back so if someone else on this side of town can poke there head in cbar on the way to standard that would be cool.
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby FHF on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Opto on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:05 pm

We'll find someone with a car to hang at C-bar till 7. We can kick off the tourney at the Standard at 7:15. If out of town folks show up to the C-bar later than the posted tournament time (7), they'll be out of luck and forced to play pinball there and Ship. If they get there before 7 (like they should), someone will be there let them know whats up and give them a lift to Standard if they need it. I can be the guy with the car, if jake or someone else can hold down the CPU at Standard. Emma can prob do one or the other too.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:06 pm

no i think my term limits were up, I forgot to give prime minister all the power and then give myself that title before I left though
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:08 pm

That person (probably me) can let the bartenders know that the tournament had been moved, in case anyone asks.
Opto

Postby FHF on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:18 pm

All hail Vlad!!!
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:24 pm

I'll bring my stakes to impale all the losers tonight for all to see.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Just don't get a Danger when you collect the Impailer bonus - you'll get screwed out of it.
Opto

Postby ROM on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 pm

dropshot, if it's any consolation, I still feel compelled to complain to you and tell you all about how things can be made better through my suggestions. You've always got that place in my heart :P

Update: I'm too sick to play. suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks :cry:
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 pm

I've heard about that, it must be the van helsing roms
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:39 pm

oh don't worry Rom, everyone still bitches to me, i got bitched at shortys about how we run these tourneys and how it should be a league and boints and not fair or something. A league is free and promotes all to play and have fun. Ours costs cash and if you stink that night you play two games and are told to go sit down and drink a beer and think about what you just did. No pinball for you!
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Hope you told all those folks they can check out the Portland Pinball League. It's always there for all the people that don't want to kick down their $5. PPL is a great way to hang out with folks and play some casual competitive games. I think it caters perfectly to someone who might be a little intimidated about playing our Tuesday session. I personally don't feel nearly as much pressure to do well when I attend though - something about that $5 just rakes up the intensity meter. . .
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 pm

I think they were complaining that we seemed to be moving up in the rankings and while they were starting a Seattle League they weren't going to turn in weekly monthly results like we should. But then I told them we aren't a league, there already is a league. They insisted we are a league though, and I find that no where close to being true.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:26 pm

I was reading about this just a few days ago. . .

Sounds like they haven't read the FAQ in the World Pinball Rankings site.

They (WPR) specifically addresses this issue, by structuring the point/tournament values the way they do
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:30 pm

exactly...We could hold a one event at each place and have bigger boints or have a bunch with smaller boints. Either way, I've talked to Josh a number of times and what we are doing is what he proposed to me.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:58 pm

The results are in - congrats to Chris Rhodes on his first weekly tournament win, Jake as runner up and Trish in 3rd!

1 Chris Rhodes (70)
2 Jake McGhee (30)
3 Trish Hess (10)
4 Jason America
5 Zoe Vrabel
5 Fred Franken
7 Elijah St. Clair
7 Steve Lampros
9 Danny Backglass Belrose
9 Aaron Nelson
9 Kevin Kerr
9 Ben Applebaum
13 Emma Davis
13 Dennis Brenhaug
13 Paul Kalk
13 Brian Watson
17 Mike Coppolino
17 Rob Timberlake
17 Pat Castaldo
17 Noah Davis
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:50 am

Nicely done! That's the 3rd first time winner in the past month. Another strong finish from Trish, keep playing! Jake and Fred the other two recent winners with a strong showing. Zoe, female winner at Shorty's with a 5th place finish. The return of bounceback, he is one to be feared! And believe it or not the last Standard winner with a last place finish. You'll get 'em next time!
Dropshot

PreviousNext

Return to Events