Showdown Write Up

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Showdown Write Up

Postby Dropshot on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 pm

I contacted Mike, the guy who wrote the article about GK last spring. He can't make this event but set up this thing that everyone can write on and it's real time... here it is http://etherpad.com/qoUKCJAkFf anybody feel free to add. I think he will kinda be the final editor and then we can do what we will with the final copy.
Dropshot

Re: Showdown Write Up

Postby kmikeym on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Just to add a few notes... etherpad.com is a pretty insane website. It's live editing of documents. So if we are logged in at the same time you will see what I am writing as I type it. The interesting thing is when two or three people use it as the same time (and there is no login or anything, just follow the link, and you're in it) and the whole thing starts to speed up.

I think it's a pretty fitting way to cover an event like this because anyone can contribute (only sharing the link with CFF) so the author, much like the high scores, becomes CFF. And like CFF itself, there is no central leadership. You pick the interesting parts of the tourney and write about them.

I'll likely ask some questions and for more explanation on things as I'm pretty inexperienced (as you may have noticed on the first piece I wrote). Anyway, it's a weird way to write something, but it seems like it could work. I'm bummed I can't hang out during the tourney, but I'll try to stop in a few times and check things out and maybe take some pictures.
kmikeym

Postby kmikeym on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:39 pm

The game report on etherpad is very close to complete...

Anyone care to lend a hand in closing it out?
kmikeym

Postby ROM on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Yeah, I'll write some stuff. When are you hoping to close it. I'm adding some more things right now, and could possibly work on it at work tomorrow. But if you want to close it tonight, then I'll do what I can now.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:15 pm

okay, added a bunch. I tried to turn the final round into an exciting narrative.
The other stuff I wrote - the yellow - was written during the tournament, on my netbook (still getting used to that keyboard), and so I probably could have written more, but I got tired and distracted.
Vibe Police
ROM

Return to Events