showdown at slabtown: carpools from vancouver bc and seattle

You have no life. Click here to get one!

showdown at slabtown: carpools from vancouver bc and seattle

Postby deathsave on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:56 pm

i didn't realize until last night that the finals had been moved to sunday. this throws a wrench in my plans to compete, and i got feedback from a lot of people last night who had similar concerns. let's mitigate as much of this as possible by setting up carpools!

- this doesn't have to be considered a three-day event. there's enough time to qualify on saturday that you'll only need a hotel/couch/floor for saturday night.
- there aren't any trains leaving late enough to be "safe" considering the 1:00PM start time on sunday. take the train to portland and get a ride back like i'm hoping to, or carpool both ways.
- drivers can pack their cars for help with gas money.

post here if you're willing to drive or are looking for a ride. i'm sure we can make this work for most of the people who want to attend.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Re: showdown at slabtown: carpools from vancouver bc and seattle

Postby deathsave on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:18 pm

casual readers, lurkers, etc: this is the time to register for an account so you can talk about joining the convoy.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby autofire on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:18 pm

ive got 2 comfy chairs that fold into sleeping devices and are open. oh and 4 machines to play!
autofire

Postby Dropshot on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Also to note: Slabtown is 10 blocks max from the train depot. I can guarantee a shuttle from Slabtown to The train station up until the departure of the final 4:30 train.
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:17 pm

really? nobody? ugh.
deathsave

Return to Events