[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Showdown '09

Showdown '09

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Showdown at Slabtown Aug 21-22

Postby FHF on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Now you're banning alcohol?? God, you're so conservative....
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:05 pm

did i forget to delete that part
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:49 pm

done and done
Dropshot

Re: Showdown at Slabtown Aug 21-23

Postby Dropshot on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:01 pm

there will be a $50 payout to the top qualifier and another $50 payout to the top female qualifier as well.
Dropshot

Postby Eden on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:41 am

Guys...

What the hell... I come back from Europe, and now you need to be there Sunday too... :|

We had moved the VRPA Tourney to SUNDAY so that some of us could come to your event too, and now you've instantly excluded any of us that want to do our League that weekend. There's only 8 VRPA League events per year, and the schedule is done MONTHS in advance...

These changes you've made are way too close to the event for anyone who had tried to schedule the time to come down to make appropraite changes. I'm one of the ONLY people up here that probably have the flexibility to POSSIBLY move my schedule at the last minute, but lots of people need more warning than this.

I'm pretty disappointed I'm going to miss this now, and especially moreso after moving our event around to be there as well.

... Bogus... :x
Eden

Postby Dropshot on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:50 am

Sorry Eden I was assuming you guys were all out of it from the get go. I fought my ass off to get Sunday available for out of towners to have more time to qualify on Saturday. The way it was with only 6 hours it would have been a disaster. You could have driven down here from Vancouver and shown up at 12 along with 80 other people. With the possibility of that many people showing up for that small block of a window half the people wouldn't have even had the time to play every game once. Sorry again but it had to be done, I thought it was helping and I still think it was the right move. I hate to be losing players though...
Dropshot

Postby Eden on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:18 am

Appreciate the response man... and when you put it that way...

Yup. You're probably right about the time issue. This should make for a better event all around.

Who knows, miracles do happen... maybe I'll find some way to be there. If not, best of luck to all of you, and hope it runs smoothly :geek:
Eden

Postby caylegeorge on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:42 am

Doh- Was juiced to not have to spend the night, will still try and come though.
---------
Is it the van, or the lucky wrench?

I guess it will be decided.

-cAyle
caylegeorge

Postby Dropshot on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:48 am

Cayle if you need a place to stay I got a spare room with paragon and arabian nights in it.
Dropshot

Postby Legs on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:02 pm

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby autofire on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:09 pm

sounds kinda sexist to me. does the top pinballer with balls get 50? cause they should get more for being a man and heaven forbid getting beaten by a girl!
autofire

Postby Dropshot on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Yes Zoe if you were the top qualifier you would receive $100, it is just there to promote female participation. In most events there is a much higher percentage of males than females and we would like that to change.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Here is a few pics of the prize machine
IMG_2439.jpg
IMG_2439.jpg (185.44 KB) Viewed 8785 times
IMG_2441.jpg
IMG_2441.jpg (277.69 KB) Viewed 8767 times
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 am

big business. finally someone's giving away a DMD!
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Re: Slabtown Sat 22nd

Postby Dropshot on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:57 am

The tournament will still be going on in the back room during the shows. If you want peace and quiet will qualifying I would recommend either 3-midnight on Friday or starting at noon on Saturday.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:54 am

you know you want this machine!!! Thanks Noah for the volunteer time. Anyone else who would like to give a hand check out the first post for more details.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:31 am

another sweet flier.

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby eric on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Got word from Brinda that the tournament machine lineup will be The Addams Family, Congo, Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone, HSII:The Getaway, and Monster Bash. HSII and MB will be moved in Monday afternoon.
eric

Postby caylegeorge on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Question about the prize package/payouts:

1st = Pinball Machine + 15% (of remaining prize fund)
2nd = 25%
3rd = 18%
4th = 10%
5th to 8th = 4% each
9th to 16th = 2% each

What makes up the "remaining prize fund"? (from which the % payouts are distributed)

Is the "remaining prize fund": (All the qualifying money) minus (the cost of the LW3) minus ($50 top + $50 female in top qualifier payouts)

-cAyle
caylegeorge

Postby Dropshot on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:15 pm

correct....we are also paying for the games out of the entry fees as well so also minus 50 cents per game played.
Dropshot

PreviousNext

Return to Events