Tournament Days

You have no life. Click here to get one!

What day works best for you for Tourney's? (2 Votes)

Monday
18%
Tuesday
22%
Wednesday
22%
Thursday
31%
Friday
4%

Total votes : 22

Tournament Days

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Which day? You can vote up to 2 times.
Dropshot

Re: Tournament Days

Postby Kickback on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Monday isn't the worst idea either. Many of us have that night off. Even John Wray, and I would kill to have him around more for them. He is a blast at tourney's! Many CFF work service jobs and get Monday and Tuesday off. I think Lou is off on Monday. I voted Thursday, but Monday may be better. Anyone?
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:59 pm

is that all the votes? 6 people? does this mean I should just oscillate between Tues. and Thurs. only 3x as many on Thurs?
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Maybe leave it open for another day or two, and remind people at tomorrow's tourney to submit their input. I forgot to vote, too, until now.

I've been advertising each tournament in the footer on the PPM site. fyi.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:18 pm

I've seen that, thanks. i'm not sure if it brings anyone out though. Or people from PPL, it seems like there really haven't been to many new faces. Just the same 20 cycling through to bring 16 out each week. Which I guess isn't a bad thing, they have been good turnouts.
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:28 pm

i would be totally into variety on these days-- monday is good too, though not for some, friday i'd steer clear of just because i think we'd be in the way at a lot of places.

it wouldn't hurt to do some flyering and just encourage people to check out the site for tournament dates. there are tons of casual players that would compete, but don't think they're good enough.

one great thing we could do is throw an upcoming tournament that is specifically for people who have competed in 1 or fewer tournaments, or at least people who have never won a tournament, even a weekly. advertise that it's for novices who enjoy pinball, that it will be a supportive environment, and that it will be about improving your game, having fun, and meeting people. that could be a cool way to get some new people excited about competing without the intimidation factor of "oh i'm going to get slaughtered by CFF dudes in the first 2 rounds."

i've seen a few people come to tournaments, sometimes 2-3 times, before they stopped showing up. they needed some work to be more competitive in the long run, but i would still love to see those people coming out, and don't want them to stop competing because they haven't had success yet.
bounceback

Return to Events