Goodfoot Tourney (Thursday 7/2)

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Goodfoot Tourney (Thursday 7/2)

Postby Dropshot on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:03 am

Great turnout last week so let's keep it up! This Thursday (7/2) at 7:00 pm down at the Goodfoot. I do believe the current line-up is NBA Fastbreak, Johnny Mnemonic, Indianapolis 500, and Star Wars. Hopefully the center shot on NBA is working and you can hit the ramp on SW...I have this funny feeling inside of me that thinks you can. $5 to enter single game head to head double elimination. I've got 3 days to figure out a method to limit repeat games....I'll have it by then!
Dropshot

Re: Goodfoot Tourney (Thursday 7/2)

Postby ROM on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:51 pm

edit: whoops, I messed up editing the thread, and had to delete the messages. Sorry. The gist: kickback doesn't like goodfoot, but only he's allowed to talk about that!

aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I added some pictures to the post about this tourney on the blog. pictures from the c-bar tournamo. Enjoy!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby fathom22 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:11 pm

I'll make sure the Goodfoot pins get some dialage before the Thursday Tourney, thx for gettin them back in the rotation! :)
MWM
fathom22

Postby bounceback on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm

i missed everything that happened here... but i take it there was some weeping and rending of garments and gnashing of teeth.

jay are you 86'd from goodfoot or just not working there? i know it's a drag to feel like you were let go over petty reasons, but it would be cool if you'd come out and play ball anyway. i'm not sure if i'm going to make it (i have like 5 things going on that night and am trying to figure out what to do,) so there's a chance i won't narrowly edge you out of the tournament on my bonus this time... although star wars is in it, so you could end up facing my ramp wrath.

personally i'm picking eric to win this one because of his familiarity with JM, but anything could happen.

hope no one's feelings are too hurt. i took a chill pill recently, it's been doing wonders. now my major disappointment in life is that i've spent enough precious cash playing mr. mahaffey's monster bash machines to put a down payment on one, and i'm still plateauing at about 500 mil. i can't hit the right ramp consistently to save my life, and i noticed, at least on the one at green dragon, that the left flipper appears to be calibrated differently than the right. could this be my problem? doubtful, but now it's in my head that the sweet spot on the left flipper is smaller than the right, and most of my drains come from shots missed on that side (i.e. deflections that go to the slingshots, or into the scoop instead, which still kicks out SDTM half the time.) when i got that billion at the show, it was like a walk in the park. shots were smooth, you could roll pass, i felt like i could hit things at will. i only played one game. the ones at billy ray's and green dragon i'm concentrating the whole time and they just continually shit on my face. ugh.
bounceback

Postby ROM on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm changing my strategy for this one. This time I will show up late and not practice.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Kickback on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:29 pm

I wasn't trying to talk about the Goodfoot, and I don't. As far as I know I'm not 86'd, I'm just not going. I wasn't trying to get into that either. I never even mentioned that people shouldn't go there. In fact, good luck finding any posts from me about it. I see posts all the time about other places and why we shouldn't go there, none started by me.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby bounceback on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:23 pm

like i said, something fishy's going on and i don't know shit about computer detective work and i don't care. jay-- change your mind! i need someone to take out some of the riff raff before i make my run to the top... or my 2 and out, or whatever.
bounceback

Postby sauce on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 am

Who won?
sauce

Postby eric on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 am

Aaron won, Louie took 2nd, and I think one of the Mikes took 3rd.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:21 pm

DannyB took third...I will have the results posted within the hour.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:05 pm

And here it is, should be up at the rankings pretty soon as well...

1 Aaron Nelson
2 Louie Hamlett
3 Danny Backglass Belrose
4 Mike Coppolino
5 Noah Davis
5 Ryan Gratzer
7 Zoe Vrabel
7 Mike Hassenpflug
9 Ben Applebaum
9 Chris Rhodes
9 Jon Davis
9 Eric Hill
13 Paul Kalk
13 Krista Babbitt
13 J.D. Yeager
13 Brian Watson
17 Troy Babbitt

P.S. Succumb to the Dark Side! (3x for 25mil)
Dropshot

Return to Events