Meeting 6/7 - Duckett's!

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Meeting 6/7 - Duckett's!

Postby bounceback on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:06 pm

will be either at billy ray's, as scheduled, or moved to duckett's to try out their fresh 4 machine lineup. stay tuned. duckett's is a bit of a haul for you southeasters, but their games are nice, it's rarely busy, they have decent food and drink, and they just added the 4th game, show your love.

edit\\

It's at Duckett's
825 N Killingsworth St
Portland, OR, 97217
(basically albina and killingsworth)

Creature from the Black Lagoon
Family Guy
Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones

my name is bounceback. come out and shake my hand tonight.
bounceback

Re: Meeting 6/7

Postby revtest on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:51 pm

duckett's sounds good! I'll be there super jacking creach!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Re: Meeting 6/7 - Duckett's!

Postby bounceback on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:06 am

no no, for super jacking you want the paris theater. pinball only at duckett's.

can jesus la-ROM remind me how to post events on the main calendar? i lost that memo.
bounceback

Postby ROM on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:50 am

You do a blog post, and while writing it scroll down to the bottom area and add date/times. A more detailed description is in the site suggestions subforum.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Duckett's recently put in their fourth machine, sorta after we requested it. So let's convince them that this was a wise decision. Show up in force!

I know we don't meet in the north much. But the north is growing! We have some good machines up here.

Duckett's has lots of space, good lighting, good beers, and good food. Eat it up yum.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Kickback on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:58 am

Showed up at 1 am to find only Slingshot and Maddy. Put up # 2 on Creature. The bartender was stoked about the meeting and tips. Still sad to see meetings over by 1am. I've been to the last three at this time due to job constraints to find everyone already gone.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby ROM on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:53 am

A bunch of us left like 15 minutes before that. I think. But overall the turnout was pretty weak - like 6 cff members, and 6 pals. Props to those who came from far away for it.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby revtest on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Sorry I missed you but had to work early Monday! Those who showed rad! Those who did not BOO! This town is too small to use location as an excuse!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Kickback on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:13 pm

Well said Rev. Late or early. Show up! That place isn't the sweetest hangout in town, it has some sweet playing machines with a tech that pays attention to our wants and needs. I don't believe in the summer being slow for pinball. That's for people that are on teams and in clubs, not gangs.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby bounceback on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:56 pm

"slow for pinball?" wtf does that even mean?

i can't complain about duckett's not being a sweet hangout. it was dead empty except for us, would be close to what it was like having a clubhouse. tight space, but plenty of room for more machines if they wanted to do that; there's a stage and a back hallway that could fit more machines, plus a cocktail machine in the window that could be a couple machines, if we had a space that size it would rule for pinball. just line the walls and rock it. i would've stuck around longer but i played a lot of ball earlier in the day too, so 3 hours at the meeting was good for me. i'm down for meetings closing down the bar, but can't do it every time.

anyway, there's definitely some people we've been missing. can we do something more to coordinate rides/carpool/whatever so that we can get more friends to show? that would be pretty nice.
bounceback

Return to Events