shorty's sunday night pinball, after the NW show

You have no life. Click here to get one!

shorty's sunday night pinball, after the NW show

Postby deathsave on Thu May 07, 2009 1:22 pm

i'm not sure how many of you will be sticking around late enough for this, but it's worth mentioning. we're going to do something other than the regular format for the people still in town. tentative plan is:

- start at 6:00PM as usual
- randomly draw two-person teams (may be drawn from two pools based on IFPA rankings, one player from each pool, at my discretion)
- single elimination bracket
- each match consists of one four-player game, if your team's combined score beats the other's you advance (turns will be taken on the one- and two-player machines)
- depending on the size of the field, we may need to enforce a policy of draining or tilting EB's
- $10 buy-in instead of the normal $5
- winners take all
- IFPA results will be submitted if josh will allow it, with the winning team tying for 1st place, etc.
- no royalties to RMPS for stealing their format, since they're vewwy vewwy bad for not submitting results to IFPA yet

what do you think?
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Re: shorty's sunday night pinball, after the NW show

Postby Dropshot on Thu May 07, 2009 1:35 pm

do a 70% 20% 10% pay-out, they finally convinced me of it and I will be trying it for the first time tonight but I think I has made people happy. But then again it is teams so scratch that idea, but give something to 2nd. I mean the team as a whole did drop down $20 to enter at least give that back to them. Other than that I like it, i would like to try something like that down here but I think people will bitch to much about being paired up with someone who isn't at their level or better. You know what I mean? Keith Elwin can get away with it, but not to many others can.
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Thu May 07, 2009 1:46 pm

if it'll net us more players i'm all for splitting the pot, but normally we do that and the turnout has been shitty lately, so who knows. i'll decide based on the reactions i get when i tell folks about the tournament.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby bounceback on Fri May 08, 2009 10:40 pm

random draw is interesting. you could make it non-random, go by rankings, and pair the best with the worst, 2nd w/ 2nd worst, etc.-- could get interestinger, or the opposite (which i guess is de-interestingish.)
bounceback

Return to Events