[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - NW Pinball Show TOURNAMENT VOLUNTEERS!!

NW Pinball Show TOURNAMENT VOLUNTEERS!!

You have no life. Click here to get one!

NW Pinball Show TOURNAMENT VOLUNTEERS!!

Postby Eden on Wed May 06, 2009 4:39 am

My friends,

As you know, I'll be running the Tournament at the Northwest Pinball Show again this year, and it will be even bigger than last year if you can believe it... I think you'll be VERY surprised with how big the prizes are, and of course, with the growing caliber of players here in the BC/WA/OR area, it should be one HELL of a tough battle!!! 8-)

Here's the rules and an idea of the prize $$ that'll be dished out this year:

That's right, the TOP 16 players that qualify for the finals are ALL getting $$ this year!!! :D

But to make this work GREAT, and run smoothly for that matter, I need as many people as possible to volunteer whatever time they can to scorekeep at the Tournament.

All I'm asking for is a minimum of 2 hours of scorekeeping from ANY of you guys that can possibly help.
ANYONE who volunteers for 6 hours or more will get into the Northwest Pinball show for this year!!
Keep that in mind as you think about when you would like to help, and how much...

** Feel free to browse the rest of the NW Site for Tourney Hours, Show Hours, as well as cost for admittance to the NW Show **

I've posted a Tournament Volunteer Schedule on the VRPA Documents page.
I need to fill ALL the white spaces with names to have a solid amount of help at any given moment.

Two things I want to note though:

1) I do NOT want anyone who is trying hard to qualify for the Tournament to commit to volunteering DURING THE LAST 4 HOURS ON SATURDAY... hopefully we can get some people who aren't playing in the Tourneys to do that work so everyone can get those last-second qualifications done!! ;)

2) Similarly, anyone who is trying to Qualify for any Tourney Finals should NOT volunteer their time on Sunday since they would be playing in the finals at that time.

** Of course I would LOVE IT if any player who does NOT end up qualifying by Saturday night comes in to score a finals match on the Sunday **

If you are interested in volunteering, please SEND ME A PM here on the forum and I'll update the Volunteer Schedule regularly.

Even 2 hours from each of you would be a huge help, but 6 hours from several of you will fill it up SO MUCH!! :D

Thanks in advance guys, and get ready for what I believe will be the 2nd Biggest Prize Pool in North America, next to PAPA!!!! :twisted:
Last edited by Eden on Fri May 22, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eden

Re: NW Pinball Show TOURNAMENT VOLUNTEERS!!

Postby eric on Wed May 06, 2009 2:40 pm

PM sent.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 06, 2009 2:41 pm

as well
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Wed May 06, 2009 4:46 pm

dropshot will play qualifying entries while his mustache records scores.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Deathsave my 'stache and myself need a few beds to sleep in, you still got that hook-up for hotels? And how close is it to the event center?
Dropshot

Postby Eden on Wed May 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Hey guys,

My appologies if the link I posted isn't working for you. It is an Excel Single web-page file thingy...

Maybe it only works with explorer (?) :cry:

Thanks to all who have already volunteered!! :D

** Is there any way to post an excel file to the forum here? **
Eden

Postby deathsave on Wed May 06, 2009 5:31 pm

yup, my pal still manages the best western where you guys stayed last year. about a quarter mile from the show. just get back to me whenever you have a room count and one name to put on each reservation.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby bounceback on Wed May 06, 2009 6:08 pm

i need a room at a place that doesn't mind cleaning up blood and excrement. i've got some good stories. anyway, i heard the ladies in major cities will do anything, but i wonder if they know the bangkok boweljob?
bounceback

Postby ROM on Wed May 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Eden, xls files should be allowed as attachments. But I dunno about posting them inline...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Eden on Thu May 07, 2009 3:48 am

For those who can't get the excel file to show up, I'll keep the list updated here... We need up to 4 scorekeepers at any given time, so if any of you guys end up wanting or needing to move your names around to other times, just let me know and i'll do so 8-)

FRIDAY

Noon to 2pm: Robert Kowalski, Adam Becker, Denise Roy, Brian Watson

2pm to 4pm: Jamie Beth, Adam Becker, Brian Watson, Rodney Olsen

4pm to 6pm: Jamie Beth, Adam Becker, Brian Watson, Nycole Hyatt

6pm to 8pm: Aaron Nelson, Gordon Onelas, Fred Franken, Raymond Chau

8pm to 10pm: Eric Hill, Jake McGhee, Mike Hassenpflug

10pm to Midnight:
Eric Hill, Jake McGhee, Mike Hassenpflug

SATURDAY

10am to Noon: *Mike Robertson, Ben Applebaum, Jake McGhee, Ryan Gratzer

Noon to 2pm: Jamie Beth, Aaron Nelson, Gordon Ornelas, Fred Franken

2pm to 4pm: Raymond Chau, Mike Robertson, Aaron Nelson, Fred Franken

4pm to 6pm: Ben Applebaum, Gordon Ornelas, Eric Hill, Rodney Olsen

6pm to 8pm: Raymond Chau, Ben Applebaum, Jason America, Nycole Hyatt

8pm to 10pm: Robert Kowalski, David King , Michael O'Brien

10pm to Midnight: Robert Kowalski, Mike Hassenpflug

SUNDAY

10am Novice Finals: Jason America

10am Classics Finals: Denise Roy

11am Open Finals: Denise Roy, Robert Kowalski
Last edited by Eden on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Eden

Postby bounceback on Fri May 08, 2009 10:36 pm

did you forget to put me on the list or am i on an even better, secret list?
bounceback

Postby Eden on Sat May 09, 2009 3:37 am

Yup, with all the different people chiming in, I did forget... but you're on there now, where you requested.

BIG THANKS to all of you who've stepped up so far. This'll make it all posible 8-)

** Hope I have the right Brian!?!?! :oops: **
Eden

Postby Dropshot on Sat May 09, 2009 9:58 am

Just a reminder, if you volunteer for 6 hours you get a free weekend pass valued at $50. 4 people per two hours is needed and Eric is looking pretty lonely at the late Friday night shift.
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Sun May 10, 2009 6:25 pm

i'm the right brian!
bounceback

Postby deathsave on Tue May 12, 2009 9:57 am

although it won't count as credit toward your free ticket, they are looking for people in portland to put up posters and distribute flyers for the show. if you're willing to do this send me a PM with your address and i'll forward it to the list.
deathsave

Postby bounceback on Fri May 15, 2009 1:02 am

i can hand out a couple of those. mo info.
bounceback

Postby Eden on Fri May 15, 2009 5:19 am

OK guys, I've got the current Volunteer Sheet UPDATED above.

What I need now is PHONE NUMBERS of Volunteers so that I can give you a call in case you have forgotten that it's 'your turn' to scorekeep, or if there's some potential change I'd like to make that would require your input (as in moving a shift around)...

PM ME your phone numbers... they will be kept on a sheet that will not be posted publicly. If for any reason you do NOT feel comfortable sharing your numbers, again, PM MEto let me know that is your preference so I don't hound you for the next month asking for them :P

Things have filled up quite nicely guys, we have only 6 spots left on Friday, and 7 slots for Saturday that need filling...

Anyone left out there to help? :lol:

(That means THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!! :mrgreen: )
Eden

Postby sauce on Fri May 15, 2009 8:47 am

504 four nine five 2633
sauce

Postby Eden on Sat May 16, 2009 3:19 am

Got lots of your numbers so far, and they're added to my phone list... thx
Eden

Postby Eden on Fri May 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Gentlemen,

I have the Totally-updated-almost-FULL TOURNAMENT Volunteer Schedule updated above (a few posts up!)

HUGE thanks to all of you who've made the time to help out, and anyone left who feels they can do even ONE session in some of those last spots, please feel free to let me know.

In fact, for those last few hours on Saturday, anyone who feels they are going to make the TOP 16 (or TOP 8 for Classics) and don't feel they need to spend any more (or just can't spend any more! :P ) please let me know AT THAT TIME that you can help out with scoring...

I don't want ANY of you to throw away your chances of qualifying when you'd rather be trying to do just that instead of scorekeep in those last few hours... but again, for those who are 'done' one way or another at that time, I'm sure we could use a hand.

** If I've missed anyone's name, or proper time, OR if you can see you are scheduled during a seminar you'd like to attend, try to switch it with a specific person on the list, and once the switch is made, I want BOTH people involved in teh switch to let me know... if you are NOT able to do a switch but would like your time moved, again, let me know and I'll do what I can to fill the spot you're removing yourself from... **

-Eden :D
Eden

Next

Return to Events