[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - PinGolf Tourney

PinGolf Tourney

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: PinGolf Tourney

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 13, 2009 6:12 pm

really? Bitches about GK, what did they not like? I know this isn't the right thread, but oh well.
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Wed May 13, 2009 10:21 pm

not bitches about GK, bitches about showing up at GK. a week prior i was honestly expecting 25 people from seattle and we ended up with 10. vocal CFF bashers comprise the majority of that missing 15, too.

years ago i would organize expeditions down to portland to knock down CFF scores and put up SEA. ooooooooh, take that! i've since seen the light, realized who has more fun playing pinball, and accordingly sworn allegiance (til death). while i was the driving force of those "raids" i would expect people to at least show up for a major tournament on less familiar turf.

oh right, wrong thread. but i think i just sounded like enough of an old man to warrant wearing some sweet plaid as i play pingolf.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby FHF on Thu May 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Yes... golf attire is strongly encouraged!
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby eric on Thu May 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Just one clarification - though the machines used in the tournament will be from personal collections, I'm not aware of any of them being home use only. HUO implies that the machine was purchased by an individual new in box and never put out on location - i.e. the machine has only seen home use. I'm pretty sure all of our pinballs are retired route machines.
eric

Postby ROM on Thu May 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Mine's not. It was purchased brand new, and has been in my family for 30 years.

That's all about to change!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby deathsave on Thu May 14, 2009 10:54 pm

ROM, i'm going to need to play that paragon next time i'm in town. so tired of iffy coils fucking up my tap passes.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Fri May 15, 2009 1:46 pm

Then it shall be.

Note: I have the little entry wire thing removed from behind the left flipper. so, like, you can back the ball straight into the beast's lair/left drain. I'm not sure if that's a stock set-up, or if it's something I removed many years ago. or if that even makes sense...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Eden on Sat May 16, 2009 3:24 am

Have a GREAT time with this one guys, sounds like it'll be awesome (especially on HUO machines = SHOULD be working and playing exceptionally well I'd hope!)

We have VRPA League on the 27th, and I won't be missing that me thinks... I'll be asking to see how this all turned out once it's said and done.

Have fun!! :D
Eden

Postby Eden on Sat May 16, 2009 3:26 am

Eden

Postby Opto on Wed May 20, 2009 10:59 am

I've got a friend in California w/ 25 machines setup in his warehouse. I mentioned the pingolf tourney and he got all stoked on the idea of throwing one, but doesn't know where to start. Is there anywhere on the web w/ tournament rules etc? How are the par scores for each machine determined? I would have a decent idea of what the scores for my games might be, but no idea what a "standard" score is for most games out there. I guess he could just make some up.

As long as someone will help me get it out of the basement - Rollergames is in (with german roms - woo hoo!) There are stairs, but it's a straight shot out the door.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby ROM on Wed May 20, 2009 11:11 am

Yes, Josh Sharpe of the IFPA has .

We're mostly making up the pars. with algorithms and science.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Kickback on Wed May 20, 2009 11:50 am

Al Gore rhythms and seances
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby revtest on Wed May 20, 2009 7:25 pm

REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby autofire on Fri May 22, 2009 2:29 am

i have 3 working games in my apt. with a little tlc roy clark will be working soon. and as you should know by now allofum are open to yall anytime! checkpoint! duotron! eros one! (jays but my gal has the high score so its hers until jay wins it back) and roy clark( working soon hopefully) thats whats up. did i mention checkpoint the best game ever!
autofire

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 pm

sorry everyone....this event is being pushed back due to a multiple of reasons. I am thinking it would work great as a winter event anyway. Let's shoot for mid-January!
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 pm

dirt in your mustache! i intend to visit portland that weekend anyway, if only to protest.
deathsave

Postby autofire on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:58 am

lets have a practice run of this event. place to placen the oners of the machines can set the par. what !!!!!!!!!! this weekend !!!!!!!!!! but isnt golf low score?
autofire

Postby ROM on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:37 am

This weekend is the NW Pinball show, homes. Yes, golf is low - so the pars will be based on how many balls it takes for you to get to a certain score. Ya know?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:51 pm

i think it's smart to push back a ways and get things in line instead of trying to rush it. we could make improvements to the location.i still think if we're going to bring in all home machines to one location, instead of making it a roving tour, we could find some more suitable options (not bars.) what about that silo place, wasn't someone involved in that?

jay, was it you that suggested something about the portland ballroom or whatever tf it's called, on MLK? i bet there are some options. or perhaps we go back to making it an afternoon/evening thing, in 2-3 regions of town, 9 holes each-- would be easy to pick spots with 4-5 games and hit 2-3 of them, i.e. up north we could hit ducketts/florida room/billy rays or anywhere else to finish off, have a game or two as backup/mini-games, not much transit time. billy ray's opens at noon, alleyway at 1, ducketts at 1 or so i think, and florida room at 4. start the first flight at noon and we'd be in good shape. i know that's not possible everywhere in town quite as easily, but we should pick spots that will make it work, yo.
bounceback

Postby Opto on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:55 am

I like the idea of a small trial run on home machines, or maybe a combination? ? ? I'd be happy to volunteer my basement w/ 4 games. We could easily put together a 9 or 12 hole course between here and Billy Rays/Florida Room, Duckets etc.

If it were the usual weekly tournament crowd (15-20 people) we could even roam together. Might take a few hours, but if we started on a Sunday afternoon, I'm sure we could pull it off.

I've got -

Demo Man
Taxi
Mousin' Around
Pinbot (don't have it yet, but my folks should be bringing it up from california next week)

We could put that together any week we want. Work out the kinks, and then have the big weekend, 18 hole course next winter?
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Previous

Return to Events