[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - PinGolf Tourney

PinGolf Tourney

You have no life. Click here to get one!

PinGolf Tourney

Postby Dropshot on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Get excited!

More details coming soon!
Dropshot

Re: PinGolf Tourney

Postby deathsave on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:02 pm

novel! lemme know the dates ASAP and i'll see if i can make it down for this.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Dropshot on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:15 pm

the brief talks I have had with people to get a consensus on whether people would participate or not does not help you one bit my dear friend Deathsave. For most people it would probably work best over a 3 Sunday period rather than one weekend.
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:20 pm

fiddlesticks!
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby bounceback on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:59 am

3 sundays to play 2 rounds of PinGolf? lunacy. if it's going to take that long, let's make it 9 holes. or something, modify it to make it timely. it's a great idea though. i also liked jay's idea of pin baseball and a few other things.

where's the money going to go?
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Its not that it takes that long, it's that people work, have girlfriends and other shit like that. It should only take 3-4 hours per round but do you have 3-4 hours friday, staurday and sunday?
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Eden on Wed May 06, 2009 4:41 am

If you guys get a solid number of players in this (30 - 50?), and once you get the dates down, I would love to come be a part of it (IF it's open to foreigners!?!? ;) )
Eden

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 06, 2009 7:43 am

you crazy Canadians, as soon as I know I will post it on VRPA as well. I will give about a months notice.
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Wed May 06, 2009 11:49 am

i have 3-4 hours over three days, for sure-- but why don't we make it a 2 day thing, so that more people could commit to doing it in one weekend? especially if Eden & company are interested? we don't necessarily have to make it the exact same as the event the IFPA is holding in vegas. hell, we could make it 12 holes, just to be kooky. i think we should figure out who can't commit to doing it over the one weekend, and why. if they're not going to be available for some reason of convenience in one weekend, i wouldn't count on them to be able to commit to making time over multiple weekends. i.e. if we do it early enough i know danny b can make it, but he works sunday evenings. louie might have a hard time getting out of work before 8 or 9 each day other than monday. maybe we could do something like having an open qualifying week for people with tough schedules; that would depend on the availability of tournament administrators to show up and referee/record scores. then we could cut down the play to two days. people traveling from out of town could still make qualifying friday, with the competition going down saturday and sunday.

this is a good example of an event that could use more official tournament personal. let me know what josh is saying w/r/t target scores, machines, and so on. i read that the vegas tourney will include older SS and EM games, but that limits our options around here unless people are willing to open their homes as locations, or put their games in a location. that might be a possibility, jay mentioned to me a ballroom i think on MLK that has their top floor open most of the time-- maybe we could get ryan to put paragon up there, jay/autofire could bring mars god of war & eros1, too bad that black hole is up in seattle now, that game was awesome.

anyway-- if that location were available, maybe we could even see if mr. mahaffey & others were willing to put games up for this. it would be a pain to do a lot of hauling, but if people are willing, could be a blast. i could put in the dude and demo man for sure. let's put the word out and start organizing this thang.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Yeah I think it needs to be one weekend as well. Maybe even two rounds of qualifying on Saturday and then top players battle it out on Sunday. I have Mars now by the way. I've talked to Mike and he only has one other game that is not on route that isn't his personal collection. I like the idea of gathering machines in one location but I almost think that it should be a separate event with 20 machines or so and have a qualifying tourney or something on them. Yeah we are going to need quite a few volunteers for this one.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Thu May 07, 2009 10:40 am

The planning has commenced, the dates will be determined on Tuesday. The course is being drawn up, rules solidified. There is currently a 5 member board organizing the event. A few more volunteers will be needed the day of the event. You will still be able to participate %100. Stay tuned for more details soon.
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Sat May 09, 2009 11:52 am

SWEET! what can i do, when and where I'm so into this!!!!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby replay on Wed May 13, 2009 2:58 pm

If I can swing the hours I'll be there fo sho.
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns." -Bruce Lee
replay

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 13, 2009 3:30 pm

The date is set. June 27 and 28th at Green Dragon. There will be either 9 or 12 (still being determined) HUO machines set to free play that will make up the course. Sat. is qualifying day, top 16 then compete on Sunday for the championship. There will also be many mini-games/tourneys played out on all of the QE machines as well. Pre-registration will be up soon as well as more details. Anyone interested in having their machine be apart of the event send me a PM as soon as possible, as there are only a few spots still open.
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Wed May 13, 2009 4:22 pm

one game in a bar and they're not HUO...

i'm glad to see this is happening in one weekend, maybe i can make it after all. trouble is the last train out of town leaves at 6:15pm. i'll start talking to locals who might also be interested and see if i can scam a ride back sunday night.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Wed May 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Does HUO/not-HUO matter for stuff? like, for a machine's value? or are you just being really literal? (not snarky questions - I honestly want to know if that is something people care about..... not like I'm ever going to sell paragon.)
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 13, 2009 5:35 pm

HUO does matter, and I am pretty sure of the 8 machines we have so far only one has seen bar time and it can't be noticed. But I could be wrong. So all the machines making up the course are from home collections. How does that sound?
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Wed May 13, 2009 5:36 pm

get maka and elijah and cayle
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Wed May 13, 2009 5:39 pm

that's what i was thinking. normally i'd invite some other people too but since they were all such bitches about the GK tournament, i won't waste my time.
deathsave

Next

Return to Events