[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Portland Pinbrawl '09 Results

Portland Pinbrawl '09 Results

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Portland Pinbrawl '09 Results

Postby eric on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:11 am

Come on - I saw at least a half dozen people I know with cameras. Please post your photos!
eric

Postby sauce on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:43 am

sauce

Postby ROM on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Yeah, I saw mohdi's. I just started a flickr group for sharing pictures (it's easier than posting them on the mb). If you have a flickr account, join it!

My pictures mostly sucked. But I have one or two okay ones. I'll add them to the group when I get home.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby FHF on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:16 pm

OK, Hopefully this works! Image
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby FHF on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Uhhhh, I think that it worked but you will just have to save the image so that you can zoom and scroll. That's one huge bracket!
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Dropshot on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:32 pm

yup, right click and save as, and it works.
Dropshot

Postby Eden on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Guys, thanks so much for an awesome time!! The tourney ran great, and you guys are all becoming serious contenders... hell, more than that, NOT just contenders any more, you've got some real 'A' players IMO ;)

Congrats to all the high finishers and anyone else who did better than they would expect for themselves. I expect to see a LOT of cash heading CFF's way at the NW Pinball Show in June, so practice up and teach us some lessons 8-)

I'll definitely be back next year... hopefully with more Canadians to represent!

-Eden

... Now what's with the VRPA Brand Tampons !!?!?!?!? :evil:
Eden

Postby bounceback on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:59 am

thanks again for coming down and for all the complements! i was really glad to see the VRPA contingent show up and perform well, as usual, and i'm even happier that we were able to respond to the challenge. at least we're improving. it was really valuable to see the best players regroup and stay focused as the competition intensified. i'm really interested in hearing what we could do to make the tournament even more successful next time. i wasn't really aware of how much of a difference the rubbers make on machines, but played a sopranos yesterday with red flipper rubbers and it was definitely one of the meanest i'd played in recent memory. are super-bouncy rubbers standard on most A division machines?

i want to ask a bunch more questions about game strategies and so on, but i've already begun thinking about the game a bit differently for tournaments thanks to getting to watch you guys a bit. do you feel that your game improved significantly after attending some major tournaments, or were there some hotshot players around that you learned from, or did you mostly just read/learn from other resources like RGP, or is there something else i'm missing?

again, thanks for making the trek! next time look us up when you're in town so we can get some drinks and hit some local pin spots-- might as well make it a weekend; or are you canucks all business?
bounceback

Postby kmikeym on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey everyone, I just posted my little article (well, it's not exactly little, but then, neither was the event) on Portland Sportsman:

Hopefully nothing is wildly wrong. Feel free to correct me...

-Mikey

(I was the one wandering around looking lost holding a notebook all night.)
kmikeym

Postby eric on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:37 pm

The article is great! I put a link up on the RGP results thread.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Yup. Great Article.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 am

For those that follow it, yes I finally completed it, PARS scores should be updated soon.
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Tue May 26, 2009 11:24 am

don't expect 'em too soon, there's a months-long backlog on kevin's end.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Eden on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:52 am

So PARS finally got updated today, and the GK results are NOT in there?? :(

... did you guys just send a copy of that sheet, or did you break them down for Kevin?

If it WAS just the bracket that was posted here, it certainly could take a long time :cry:
Eden

Postby Dropshot on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:02 am

Nope, I typed it all up head to head for every matchup and the results. 6 pages total.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:02 am

I sent it to Bowen, not Kevin, so blame him!
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:39 am

maybe try sending to kevin directly. i'll text you his email address to protect him from the spambots and whatnot.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Eden on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:40 am

Actually, I got an email form them and they just needed to sort a few names out (like Ulysses Nuqui)...
...hopefully they'll be up in just a few days ;)
Eden

Postby bounceback on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:50 pm

i'm still unclear on PARS rankings vs. the IFPA system. are people commonly submitting the results from various tournaments to both these organizations at the same time? or is PARS just for random matchups/head to head games? i didn't care about either, then i started to care about the IFPA numbers, now i'm worried that i'm going to care about PARS too.

i really want to own a monster bash so i can stay home.
bounceback

Postby ROM on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm refusing to care about PARS. I mean, I play "against" people nearly every time I play pinball.... I dunno. Just imagine the record-keeping we'd need to do if we wanted to submit, say, all the games from a CFF meeting. And I think it would take some fun out of playing if I was always caring whose score was higher, and how a single win would affect my rank. When we camp Creature for four hours - it all becomes a big, glorious haze. I don't need to parse our happy pinball time.

Maybe if I was an engineer or something then I'd care about keeping track of all this stuff.
Vibe Police
ROM

PreviousNext

Return to Events