[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Portland Pinbrawl '09 Results

Portland Pinbrawl '09 Results

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Portland Pinbrawl '09 Results

Postby Dropshot on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:41 pm

The event will be held Sunday April 19th. Sign up between sign-up at 1 tournament will be begin at 2. $10 entry head to head best two of three double elimination. Cash prizes and more. More details available soon.
Dropshot

Re: 1st Annual GK Tournament

Postby Eden on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 pm

Glad you guys are doing this, but you DO realize this is Eater sunday... could turn out bogus(?)

Maybe last week in March? ... or even just the week after April 12th.

... or maybe just leave it as the date already posted :D

Not trying to give you a hard time, just wanted to make sure you knew about the Easter thing. 8-)
Eden

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:09 am

Thank you for the heads up, I didn't even realize it, I think I will just bump it up the the 19th of April
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:34 pm

The date of the tournament will be April 19th. Ground Kontrol opens at 12, registration will begin at 1, and hopefully the tournament will start by 2. The format is best two of three double elimination. Top 3 places win prizes. There may be more prizes available closer to the date. Official rules, games and more info will be posted soon.
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:44 pm

dude, don't be swayed so easily! if you just have faith, jesus will show up and compete. easter was the right date. dammit. there's nothing holier than pinball sunday.

wait, eden, do you guys have easter in canada?
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:54 am

I know there is nothing I would rather do, but in consideration for those that do, and those that travel, it was a must.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Flyers have been completed and I will be bring them up to Clinton Street tonight. I have 50 or so, I think, so if anyone wants to take a few to hang, or to keep (they are on nice photo paper), let me know.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:35 pm

As of right now Ground Kontrol's current line-up is as follows:

King Pin
Scared Stiff
Simpson's Pinball Party
Haunted House
Terminator 2:Judgment Day
Red & Ted's Road Show
Demolition Man
Revenge from Mars
No Fear
Lord of the Rings
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Addam's Family
Spider-Man
Attack from Mars
Doctor Who
Fish Tales
South Park
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Black Knight 2000
Stargate
Theatre of Magic
Independence Day
White Water
Batman Forever
The Shadow
Pirates of the Caribbean

Which makes 26 machines so start practicing!
Dropshot

Postby Eden on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 am

Things are looking good for this event... nice and organized!! 8-)

Question: I read / heard somewhere that there will be PRE-registration available... is this true or was I just dreaming?

... and if so, when will it be available? It would help me out MAJORLY since I have a long trip down, and I would HATE to miss out on the action in the case that I'm held up at the border on my way :roll:
Eden

Postby eric on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:21 am

Yes, that's correct. The plan is to have the pre-registration up and running within the next week or so. As soon as the details are squared away we'll post all of the info to the , the , and the CFF message board.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:54 pm

As well as the Ground Kontrol website.
Dropshot

Postby Kickback on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:05 pm

That's awesome. i'm glad we got the VRPA contingency. There is gonna be some fierce competition.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby eric on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Below is the pre-registration information. Feel free to post any questions you have to this thread.

-Eric

====================

PRE-REGISTRATION OVERVIEW
Pre-registration guarantees you a spot in the tournament bracket without the hassle of waiting in line. As an added bonus, pre-registrants will receive priority for first-round byes. All remaining first-round byes will be randomly assigned to players with same day registration.

PAYMENT
Paypal is the only accepted method of payment for pre-registration. Simply send $10.00 to gktournament@gmail.com and you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. Please be sure to include both your official name (for IFPA ranking) and your preferred name/nickname for the tournament bracket. Sorry, the pre-registration fee is non-refundable.

PRE-REGISTRATION PERIOD
Pre-registration begins immediately and will last until 12:00 PM PST Saturday, April 18th, 2009.

AGE RESTRICTIONS
As a reminder, players must be 21+ years old with a valid ID.

====================
eric

Postby eric on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:12 am

To make pre-registration easier, we've added a Paypal button to the and we'll also be adding one to Ground Kontrol site sometime in the next few days. As a reminder to CFF folks, please give us both your official IFPA name and your gang name for use in the bracket. And remember, pre-registrants will receive priority for first round byes!
eric

Postby ROM on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Just curious, is it really "bye" and not "buy"? Seems like a "bye" means "goodbye," and I just don't know why that would apply here. But "buy" connotes buying your way, as it is, through the rounds. So it seems to me like buy is at least more accurate.
But you guys are the group sports jocks, so I'm sure you know better than me.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:19 pm

It is bye, and yes I guess you are "buying" a bye. But there will be byes and we could either offer them randomly or encourage people to sign up early and entice them with a bye. Besides, if 65 people enter the tournament there will be 63 byes. We just want to make our money back that we have put it. So give me $10 ROM, I will find you!
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Paid. I didn't give you my gang name for the bracket, since you should already know it.

Other people out there who are reading this: You pay, too, now!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby eric on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Yes, but it should be noted that byes will be distributed randomly amongst pre-registrants and preference will not be given to how early one has pre-registered. For example, if 30 people pre-register and there are 15 first round byes, 15 pre-registrants will be selected at random from the pool of 30. It doesn't matter if you pre-register on March 15th or April 15th - you will have the same chance of being awarded a bye.

That said, early registration does help us financially since we'll be paying for fewer things out of pocket.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Yeah ROM so give us another $10, I will find you.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Find me, then. I'm not afraid!
Vibe Police
ROM

Next

Return to Events