[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - 1/22 Slabtown Tournament

1/22 Slabtown Tournament

You have no life. Click here to get one!

1/22 Slabtown Tournament

Postby eric on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Slabtown will be hosting another tournament on Thursday, January 22nd. I hope to meet with Brinda sometime this weekend to go over specifics. Will keep everyone posted.
eric

Re: 1/22 Slabtown Tournament

Postby ROM on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby DannyBackglass on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Dude. Where did the pinball escalator come from? Rad.
Thursday tourny. I like the sound of that.
BTW. They should have people pay for their own games.
Just to bring in more money for the bar.
Half the crew doesnt drink anymore, taking after one of our premier sober ballers,
and the other half drink PBR and don't tip.
Just a suggestion.
DannyBackglass

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:32 pm

you know what sucks, when they charge a $1.75 for pbr, and i have to pull out another dollar to tip, it's bullshit, I am tipping damn near 66%. At least when it's $1.50 and I throw them the 50 cents it's still a 33% tip.
Dropshot

Postby sauce on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Sweet, the one in November was a fun event, I will try to get more people out this time.
sauce

Postby DannyBackglass on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 pm

Ok...i take it back...Just charge Dropshot for the games...
DannyBackglass

Postby ROM on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Pinball escalator came from the tv show Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby eric on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:30 pm

OK, it's on.

SLABTOWN PINBALL TOURNAMENT II

Thursday, January 22nd
6-8pm Qualifying period
8pm Double elimination finals

$5 Entry (credits for tournament play will be free)
$100 First prize

Slabtown
1033 NW 16th Ave.
http://www.myspace.com/slabtownbar

The rules/format will be very similar to the first Slabtown tournament. We'll have a two hour qualifying round, with the top 12 players moving onto the double elimination finals. No extra balls will be allowed this time (single flip) and we're restructuring the bracket to keep the maximum number of machines in use. This should hopefully keep things from going as late as they did last time.

Current lineup is still FH, Sopranos, and MM, though I know Brinda is talking with Mike about replacing Sopranos with a 90s Williams machine. I'll keep you updated.

poster_2_v3_web_lo.jpg
poster_2_v3_web_lo.jpg (52.63 KB) Viewed 12540 times
eric

Postby ROM on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:33 pm

Posted on the events calendar.

Any decision on entry/qualifying cut-off times? What about, 8pm sharp cut off - if you haven't played all three machines by then, then you just don't get boints for them?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:47 pm

If that is that case I think if you have started the game before 8 than it is okay to finish the game, the other boints can be added up while that game is finished. By the way ROM, I like the addition of the announcements, very professional.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks. I'll try to keep all the upcoming things in the announcements.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Soundcard on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:30 am

Eric,

I'm curious about this single flip rule. Stop me if this is a silly question, but what happens if the single flip starts a multiball? I guess I'm thinking specifically of MM as no matter what method you choose to use when launching you run the risk of starting either the castle multiball or multiball madness. Less likely to happen on Sopranos but still possible. Is that a shit-out-of-luck situation, or will you be allowed to play it out? If you will not be allowed to play it out it seems like a better idea to just let the first ball go by as well as the subsequent saved ball. And also we need a poster up at the Ship if you have any (the cats ate the power cable for the printer at the house or we would already have one).
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Postby Dropshot on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:14 am

That is a good point, one suggestion would be play it out and then drain, or one flip your next ball. If that was your last ball tough shit, drain.
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:37 pm

ONE FLIP! Use it wisely!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby autofire on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:58 pm

can you trap it then hit it or is it just the first shot you get.
autofire

Postby eric on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:11 pm

RevTest nailed it. You're allowed one flip after the ball is launched. Whether or not you use it to start Multiball Madness is completely up to you.

You cannot trap and then re-flip. One actuation of one flipper - that's it!
eric

Postby bounceback on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:07 am

you're allowed to start your multiball if you're playing against me... in fact you totally should.
bounceback

Postby Kickback on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 am

Don't think I can do it fellas. I might try if I work at 11. I think I work at 10 though.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:53 pm

That sucks. Your rump will be missed.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:49 pm

In case anyone missed it, Mike from QE posted on the Events post to say that he is replacing Sopranos with Congo, and that he is going to bring some pinball goodies for the tournament.

See you tonight! Don't lag.
Vibe Police
ROM

Next

Return to Events