12/19

You have no life. Click here to get one!

12/19

Postby Dropshot on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Tomorrow, Friday, is my birthday. I am pretty sure I am going to head down to the Ship to have a few drinks and play some pinball, anyone is welcome to come on down. Maybe we can try to test out a few of Jay's tournament scoring ideas and see if it is possible to pull off in a timely manner. And on that note Jay send me some of those ideas, I vaguely remember a few of them. Also, they reset the scores on MM, I put up a 180, someone please beat it, i can't (it's my kryptonite) until someone else does.
Dropshot

Re: 12/19

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Sweet! I'll be there.

Jay's tournament ideas are still someone on this message board. I think they're in the private section.
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: 12/19/08 Ship Ahoy Gathering

Postby Dropshot on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Yeah so I found Jay's postings of his mini tourney ideas, I also found the part where you mentioned jay is good at "stalling balls on his chin", enough said! I also got down into some of BB ideas as well and I think if we get enough people down there tonight we could try some of these out. I really like the idea of 21. After each ball high score gets 3 boints, 2nd gets 2 boints 3rd gets 1 and 4th nothing up to 21. This could/will take multiple games which is also great because you then need to apply your skills on different machines and over a few games/balls. Get way ahead early you could be looking at 9 boints right off the bat. 2 on 2 is always fun. Golf seemed cool, but could be tricky on how you set the bar each time. Say on MM what do you do, 10 mil ball one for par?, 30mil for ball two 60 for ball three? it can be a bit tricky to break 30 on that game sometimes. That game would need some practice to work out the kinks and would probably need to players close in skill. I have been thinking of doing a split finger tourney on one of the weekly events, only we would need 16 people to make it even worth while. Who knows, just ideas.... I will be heading down there around 7 or so hope to see some ballers so pass the word and we will have a good time.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Thanks. That was probably the funniest thing I've ever said in my life.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:20 pm

Also, have you been keeping the bracket sheet things for each of the weeklies? If so, we should try sending them to the IFPA. Let's cash in!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:50 pm

yeah, I've got the last few, and I've got a few from the taxi tuesday days as well. I am pretty sure I have them dated as well. I just need to get last names from people and we can send them in.
Dropshot

Return to Events