Possible big tourney in February.

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Possible big tourney in February.

Postby sauce on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:56 am

So I have heard from a reliable source that sometime in February Voodoo II is going to be hosting a big tournament. Supposedly they will be clearing out the place and bringing in something like 14 machines for one weekend. From what I was told, the machines are being provided by Phil (the operator), but possibly others as well. Just giving folks the heads up.
sauce

Re: Possible big tourney in February.

Postby Dropshot on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:55 pm

now thats what i am fucking talking about
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:38 pm

I, for one, can see myself eating lots of donuts while playing in a pinball tournament. very easily. that is the life I want. and that is the life I will soon have.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 am

ah, see, i was just there yesterday. my mind was telling me i should get used to that floor. and i can. here's hoping this happens, and also that phil spends the time to go over his machines before the event, so they're all in good working shape. that shadow was in pretty good condition about 6 weeks ago, now it's having some issues. earthshaker is one of my current favorite games though. i know phil has some old school games, it would be pretty fun to see those too.
bounceback

Postby deathsave on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:03 pm

shit yeah, i will make it down for this.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby sauce on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Talked to my friend the other night, looks like its gonna be in March now. He was telling me they need more machines as Phil only has 5 that he can spare. So if any of you guys have any machines in good working order that you wouldnt mind putting in public for a weekend, you may have your opportunity. He also said he is gonna post a thread here when he has more details, so stay tuned!
sauce

Postby bounceback on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:30 pm

i'd volunteer the demo man. in fact if voodoo would like it on location i'll put it there this weekend. i have to move it, we're rearranging the shop. it's been my intention to have it earning anyway, i'd be glad to see it get some real play. for that matter i'd put the dude on location too. if you happen to know anything about the arrangement phil has with voodoo, let me know. if they're down to have another machine or two, i'd be glad to put them out there, they're both working and fun.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:55 am

I've got room for one machine!!!
Dropshot

Return to Events