[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Pinburgh 2012

Pinburgh 2012

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Pinburgh 2012

Postby PatC on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm

so does Isaac, fwiw.
PatC

Postby TheStandardNate on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:48 pm

A symphony at the Xtended Stay America.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Postby bkerins on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey Nate and Isaac, you planning on registering for this tournament? Pre-registration is now closed!

Just kidding. But you will need to register: now! Go! Run! Hurry up! Shoot here and here!

By registering you get you name on a big list, and you make the list look more impressive so others will want to join in. No credit card is charged until March, and you can even say "I'm paying cash onsite".

Currently, 129 players are registered for Pinburgh with 10 weeks to go. Last year, we reached 129 players with 2 weeks to go, and had 174 in the tournament. With 129 now, we expect approximately 592 players. Or some other number.

Thanks and I hope to help make the trip worth your time and money. See you there!
- Bowen
bkerins

Postby Opto on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 am

Should have 130 registered now.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby TheStandardNate on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:51 pm

TheStandardNate

Postby Isaac on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Bowen you scared the shit out of me, but it was enough to get me to sign up. (Sorry I was lagging, I'm trying to be nicer to my checking account this month).

Glad to hear Noah is coming!

Make it happen, Dennis.
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby videomode on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm super close to pulling the trigger I just got make myself purchase that plane ticket
dennis
videomode

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeah, I'm close too. Just waiting for Dennis to purchase me a plane ticket...
Dropshot

Postby bkerins on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks guys!

Again, I can't stress this enough -- nobody's getting charged yet! If you leave a credit card number / debit card number it sits around until like a week before Pinburgh before being charged. If you send a check, same thing. With Paypal you can choose "will pay later" instead of paying now. If you're completely unsure, just pick "will pay cash" and deal with it onsite.

I know it's strange to ask people for such early registration, but the ball keeps rolling. A lot of Euro players are still on the fence about going, but when they see 131 other players already in the mix they know it's going to rock. Last year we got to 130 with two weeks to go, and ended up with 174. This year we got to 130 with ten weeks to go, and the guaranteed prizes are for 185 players. Once we pass 185 the prize pool starts growing, and that really starts getting people's attention :)

Oh, and we'll have Facey/DC to play, too.

Still wishing I could make it to Showdown this year, but a family situation will prevent it. Next February though, I'll be there to steal your Circuit boints haw haw haw.

- Bowen
bkerins

Postby TheStandardNate on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:42 am

I am pretty pumped for this. All I have to post.
TheStandardNate

Postby bkerins on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 am

Just play better! ;)

Pinburgh: now serving over 150...

Have a great time at Showdown this weekend, everyone. I wish I could be there.
bkerins

Postby TheStandardNate on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:06 am

Hopefully I will.
TheStandardNate

Postby bkerins on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Congratulations on a fine performance Nate, and everyone else. I'd love to hear more about how it went, and wish I could have been there.

Pinburgh: now serving over 170. Added 20 players in the last week.

Thanks!
- Bowen
bkerins

Postby Opto on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 am

Opto

Postby TheStandardNate on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Anyone interested in setting up some home games practice nights a few weeks before Pinburgh. I am guessing there will be a Jokerz and maybe a Laser War at the event. Mine are both playing nicely. It would be good for us to get time on any machines we are not familiar with before the tournament. Maybe set up a weekly circuit/potluck, give a "how to score" tutorial if you are host? Im out of town starting next Saturday for 2 weeks, but could host sometime this week or upon returning.
TheStandardNate

Postby deathsave on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:55 pm

This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby bkerins on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:35 pm

There is a Jokerz. There is not a Laser War... this time. There is a significant uptick in early Data East, so Laser War's not out of the question. It's not a bad little game.

Pinburgh now serving 187 players... 3 more to reach Bonus Money.
bkerins

Postby Opto on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm

I've always wanted to check out Torpedo Alley. And no, that's not code for anything.
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:57 pm

I am seriously considering buying a plane ticket if I can find a reasonable price.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:11 pm

What are the prices people have been finding and what days are people flying in/leaving?

I was able to negotiate a ticket for $330 for Thurs/Mon but don't get paid until the 5th.
Dropshot

PreviousNext

Return to Events