[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Cascadia Cup 2011 (Nov 6th)

Cascadia Cup 2011 (Nov 6th)

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Cascadia Cup 2011 (Nov 6th)

Postby Jules on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:33 pm

Aaron, Are you thinking "no" on some of the games because they are may be games where you can steal locked balls? I don't know enough about each of them to know which are that way, and which are not. I would think you would want a greater number of games to make the random factor even higher. Just curious.
Jules

Postby Opto on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:27 am

I *think* some of the games are on the maybe list due to how they're currently playing. WW is a great tournament game, but if the locks switches are acting screwing it can mess everything up. Note - I don't know if the locks are still acting weird or not - it may be playing fine - I haven't been there in a while.

Games like BK2000 . . . collecting Ransom - or WILLIAMS scoring on rollergames can be unbalanced. At GK Pinbrawl the WILLIAMS scoring was reset before the final match started, which makes it a bit more fair for both players. In a situation where the game will be played all day, player one could walk up with one letter left to collect, then everything else is screwed.

IMO - stealing locked balls doesn't ruin a game for tournaments - just adds another strategic element to the game. I mean - they do it at PAPA . . .
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 pm

The second list machines will be randomly placed throughout the matches but the top machines will make up the core of the matches. All machines can be chosen from during the finals. For the most part the machines not being the core are due to the way they are playing right now, and/or random jackpot values.

Since there are only 32 players there is a good chance that the payouts will only be top 8 (25%). The top 12 will move on the the finals rounds with the top 4 getting a one round bye.

PS- Screw PAPA, this is Portland!

PPS- DannyB is a chump!
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:56 pm

I'd love to get up to 36, only 4 more. it would make for a perfect bracket.
Dropshot

Postby Jules on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Jules

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:10 am

J.D. Yeager is in making it 33. Room for 3 more.
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:50 am

fine put me in!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Opto on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:59 am

I texted Jeff Spazz and told him to sign up.
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Slamtilt is in, making it 35. Keep em coming. Cash payments only at this point and you must get a hold of me. Absolute cut-off will most likely be Friday night/Saturday morning so I can print everything off. Once we hit 36 players, only groups of 4 players at a time will be allowed to sign up. So encourage your friends to sign up.
Dropshot

Postby Jules on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 pm

I see start time is noon. Is there practice time, or no playing of any of the games in advance?
Jules

Postby videomode on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:34 am

The bar opens at 9am
dennis
videomode

Postby Dropshot on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:41 am

Remember that it is daylight savings day. It will give you an extra hour so there should be no excuses for being late.

Play as much as you want to warm up, but I will probably make people drain their balls around 11:45 so we can start spinning the bingo wheel for placement within the bracket.
Dropshot

Postby Jules on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:54 pm

thanks. I can't believe there is that one open spot in the bracket. Hopefully it will fill by your cut off time.
Jules

Postby Dropshot on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:29 am

That's correct. 1 spot available. First person to contact me about it get it. Best way to assure the spot is a phone call. If you don't have my number find someone who does. If you post or email and I get a phone call before I check either of those the spot will go to the call.
Dropshot

Postby PirateMike on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:07 pm

PirateMike

Postby Dropshot on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:35 am

Mike did indeed get the final spot. I like the effort put in to getting it too, a post, a PM, a text from dennis, and eventually a text for mike himself. Yet, none of those was a phone call...
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Sounds like Shorty's had a low turnout and is only running 1 day. So DannyB, Elijah, Bobby and another are all coming down to make it 40.
Dropshot

Postby Jules on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:58 pm

I heard it was only 48 people. Maybe Avout will reflect on this and not be an ass next year with tournament dates.
Jules

Postby Dropshot on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:44 am

Adam Chesbourough is the 4th in the added group from yesterday.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:57 am

I'm so excited I could play some pinball. It's been so long.
Opto

PreviousNext

Return to Events