[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - 6/9 Tron Release D's Bar

6/9 Tron Release D's Bar

You have no life. Click here to get one!

6/9 Tron Release D's Bar

Postby Dropshot on Thu May 19, 2011 7:50 am

Stern's Tron release party is being held Thursday June 9th a D's Bar. I am assuming there will be 3 games again. Two set to free play and a third for the tournament.

$5 entry gets you one chance to put up your best score. 5-8 will have a one game playoff and 1-4 will have a one game playoff for final standings.
Dropshot

Re: 6/9 Tron Release D's Bar

Postby ROM on Thu May 19, 2011 9:28 am

D's Bar
6732 Northeast Sandy Boulevard
Portland, OR, 97213
(503) 281-1276
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Qdub on Sat May 21, 2011 10:15 am

Here's the poster.
Attachments
TronPosterWeb.jpg
TronPosterWeb.jpg (283.64 KB) Viewed 16790 times
Qdub

Postby bounceback on Sat May 28, 2011 11:15 pm

they should wait a few more years to release this game
bounceback

Postby revtest on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:21 am

Final results as best as I could decipher Logan's score page. If something is wrong please post!

1st- Noah Davis
2nd- Isaac Ruiz
3rd- Dennis Brenhaug
4th- Eric Hill
5th- Kris Fast
6th- John Fujita
7th- Emma Eichhorn
8th- Jeff Kraus
9th- Jeff McGrew ???? (Not sure the spelling)
10th- Mike Hassenpflug
11th- Steve Lampros
12th- Paul Kalk
13th- Steve Montgomery
14th- Julie Gray
15th- Dennis Martin
16th- Ben Applebaum
17th- Dave Dimoff
18th- Matt Fentress
19th- Bill Lascher
20th- Mike Smith
21st- Jake McGhee

I apologize for any mis-spellings
Last edited by revtest on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Opto on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:46 am

I think I owe Isaac a beer!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby JeffK on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Emma should be 7th and I should be 8th I think
JeffK

Postby Opto on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Thx to Qdub, Sauce and Quarterworld for organizing it! Pretty generous to have 3 brand new machines to play on. The tournament game played great!

One suggestion for next time - Pin Footies for the tournament machine. That slick floor was pretty easy to slide the game on. I (accidentally) moved one of the practice machines about a foot and wasn't really trying to. A lot of slide saves probably would have resulted in tilts with these on -

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p= ... 4&parent=7

Just a thought for next time and thanks again!
Opto

Postby revtest on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 pm

There hows that? does that look better?
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby eric on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Mike's last name has an "L" in it.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Just sent in Over and Out, Billy Ray's and Shanghai. I fixed the few misspellings but have no idea who Jeff McGrew is or if that is the correct spelling. Will wait till next week to submit this one unless Josh just grabs it.

How does the game play? Any good?
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:06 pm

I'd say with some combo scoring/rule tweaks it'll be pretty good (grading on the stern curve here). Fun to play a game that isn't just a fan layout.
Opto

Postby Isaac on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:30 pm

HWJP?
Isaac

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Is that how you actually feel or are you just ripping off Keith's exact statement?

So there isn't even like a 3-way combo bonus worth 500k or anything like that?

How are the modes?

Jackpots v Super Jackpots?
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:32 pm

and by 'pretty good' you mean better than any Bally right?
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Well - I'd go combo's like Demo Man (added to bonus), not rolling stones - well, I don't really know how the ones on rollings stones work so maybe like that. So i rehashed/ripped off his idea - it's a good one - You ASKED!

Not sure how the jackpots and super jackpots work/build, but basically it seemed like "shoot X 3 times - start multiball, get jackpots" then, "shoot Y 4 times - get jackpots - shoot Y during MB to add balls". I got my entry score by cradling a ball on the left, and shooting the add a ball spinner/jackpot with the other". The combo thing sounded like a good idea as there are some good shots that lead from each flipper to the upper flipper, and both orbits . . . like demo man. The fan layout of stones just becomes ramp ramp ramp ramp ramp ramp ramp ramp. TRON seemed like it would go . Left ramp, right orbit, upper ramp, roll pass to right flipper, spinner, upper ramp etc etc etc. Lots of different COMBO's.

Only time will tell if it's a good game I suppose - most of them seem fun to me the first few games, fresh off the production line.
Last edited by Opto on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Opto

Postby Opto on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Pretty good = a game that isn't "f'ing stoopid".

I'm gonna sell every machine I own and buy the LE the second it comes out, dip the entire cabinet in 24k gold, install 1000W LED's throughout and replace the translite with an LCD screen that plays the movie on repeat. Also a 15" sub, hydrolic legs and to top it off, it'll go in a hermetically sealed cube made of 1" plexiglass.

It's gonna be SICK!
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:11 am

LED's are sick!

I would agree it takes a more than a few games to tell if a game is good or not. Need to actually find out how deep of a ruleset it is. I still haven't played BDK with the new software, which I thought was okay back then and think the software has got to make it even better. Just got to be set up right.

I wonder if GK is going to get a Tron, you would think they have to.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:27 am

The rubberless outlane post tournament version was more fun than the test games.

Fun way to play batman - the person who collects the highest hurry up wins.
Opto

Postby PirateMike on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:11 pm

So, where are these tables ending up?
PirateMike

Return to Events