[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Mink Staccato Memorial Tournament 4/15

Mink Staccato Memorial Tournament 4/15

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Mink Staccato Memorial Tournament 4/15

Postby Dropshot on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Mink Staccato passed away week or so ago and Ground Kontrol is throwing a memorial tournament in his honor this Friday. Sign-up between 5-6 and the tourney starts at 6. Entry is a suggested donation of $5-10 dollars and all of the money is being donated to a charity he worked for. There are prizes for the top finishers though. The machines being used are ST:TNG, TSPP, and AFM.

http://groundkontrol.com/wordpress/?p=2628
Dropshot

Re: Mink Staccato Memorial Tournament 4/15

Postby Opto on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Man - that guy seemed to be a part of portland pinball that no one ever saw. He was a big part of that article a few years back in the mercury. I saw some of his init's at GK, but that was it.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby DDT on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Would someone share what happened? I hadn't seen him for a year or so. He had some great pin skills.
DDT

Postby DannyBackglass on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:53 am

I'll miss the battles. I'll be out of town for the tournament. Sorry I can't attend. Great memorial for a local pinball legend. MNK was a tough score to catch. I knew his initials well. Quite well in fact. Ride the Cyclone MNK!! Sorry about that Simpsons score.
DannyBackglass

Postby ROM on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 am

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bobbyconover on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:07 pm

That's crazy, Noah -- the guy who wrote that Mercury article (and got lessons from Mink) was one of my closest friends growing up. Really sad news. I'm gonna see if I can make it down a day early and hit the memorial tournament.
bobbyconover

Postby ElRamos on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:38 pm

A few years ago, Scott and I discussed the idea of leading a group of students through his "Pinball 101" course on the tables at Ground Kontrol.

While going through some older papers recently I found his "lesson plan" and wanted to share it with everyone. Besides being a part of his legacy, it's a great guide for anyone who wants to improve their game.

Mink Staccato's Ten Commandments of Pinball:
http://groundkontrol.com/wordpress/?p=3084
Anthony Ramos
Co-owner, Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade
ElRamos

Postby revtest on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:56 am

Super cool thanks for sharing it here!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Return to Events