[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - 4/7 Pinball Relay Tourney @ D's Bar

4/7 Pinball Relay Tourney @ D's Bar

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: 4/7 Pinball Relay Tourney @ D's Bar

Postby jonjuandemarco on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 pm

jonjuandemarco

Postby Dropshot on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 am

I think I may have had a head injury and might also miss this, sorry rom. I blame noah. I might know more tomorrow though.
Dropshot

Postby wdx on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:10 am

I would never say no to Rudy! That kid has heart!
wdx

Postby PatC on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 am

PatC

Postby ROM on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:28 am

Okay, dropshot, keep me posted. Hope your dome is okay. I had a nasty head injury once, and it messed me up 4 life. And if you got a concussion, you HAVE to go to the hospital... like now.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:33 am

I got a concussion from fallin off a skateboard once . . . don't remember the 16 hours that followed - scary stuff.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby ROM on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:11 am

Yeah, that's what happened to me, too. I have a memory gap of about 1.5 days. too much blood in my brain...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 am

I don't think it's a concussion, maybe it is. I actually hit my head Tuesday morning on the corner of my truck trunk. It even drew a little blood. I then stood up into a rail on the other side of the head later in the day. Both hurt at the time but didn't seem like a big deal. Then starting Tuesday night both sides of my head started to throb, and it's been that way ever since.

Were you wearing a helmet when you were concussed skateboarding?

And I blame Noah because he put the team together and then was the first to bail, paving the way for others to be quitters too.
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 am

I accept. Yeah . . . . tip of the day - don't skate down hills on a 48" pin tail at 55 mph without a helmet.
Opto

Postby ROM on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 am

I didn't have a helmet on. I was in 6th grade. turned around at the top of a hill, bombed down and (I have no memory of this), fell somehow and hit my head on a sewer grate. I was knocked out for like a minute. No blood spilled - it was all internal.

But I've been around other people when they've had concussions. hospital... stat! Sometimes people die like three days after they've had a concussion, because they didn't seek medical attention.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:50 am

One of the scariest days of my life....I was pulling my brother (Keith) behind my car on roller blades by a twenty foot rope or so in a empty parking lot. I was making wide u-turn, Keith hit some sand, lost control and went head first into the corner of a brick building. When I ran up to him he there was a pool of blood under his head and he was out cold but still breathing. Some people came out from a door 30 ft away and said they were going to call the cops. My brother jumped up instantly and said he was fine, got him into the back seat and he was out again. I got him home and basically just sat by his side and kept him awake, he was in and out every 5 minutes for the next 4+ hours. The blood came from his inner ear and just had a concussion. Well that's what we think, he fully recovered and is fine today. My parents didn't find out about this until last summer.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:29 pm

So back to pinball and this tourney at hand, I know Sandy can be a little confusing down in this area. Is this place on the north side, south side, is there parking anywhere or is it find a spot on the street?
Dropshot

Postby Qdub on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:00 pm

There is a small parking lot behind D's as well as street parking in front.
Qdub

Postby jonjuandemarco on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:26 pm

jonjuandemarco

Postby ROM on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:19 pm

That's gnarly, dropshot. Hospitals are for chumps.

I once saw a drunk dude crash his bike and split his head open on the sidewalk. He bled to death right in front of me (well, he died at the hospital). We all basically froze when he wasn't moving and blood was seeping out. (also, just before he crashed he almost barreled into my friend's pregnant wife.)
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:42 pm

That's crazy. I was driving out to a hockey game 3 years ago or so, down I-5. There was an accident so traffic was slow and when I finally got up to it a motorcycle ran into a truck and there was a body just laying there on the side of the road. I assumed he was dead, as people (cops, medics) were just kinda standing around. I was surprised they did put a blanket over him or something.

So I'm not gonna make it, head still hurts. And yes, hospitals are for chumps, and those with insurance.
Dropshot

Postby PirateMike on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Put me in the hellafied head injury story club tooo! trying to do a backflip off some big air on a snowboard but it wasn't big enough. I don't actually remember crashing my skull into the ground, but I remember not remembering the last few minutes after I finally did manage to get back up...

also, GO TEAM PIZZA SLICE!
PirateMike

Postby Opto on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 am

How many teams? Who won all the glory?
Opto

Postby videomode on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:07 am

5 teams

Winning Team:

ROM
Pirate Mike
Dennis
dennis
videomode

Postby ROM on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:09 am

5 teams. Team Pizza Slice won. ROM, Dennis, Pirate Mike. (oops, dennis posted it while I was typing this)

Logan took a picture of the top two teams - maybe he'll post it.

I thought that was a fun format (also, since there were just five teams, it was best 2/3 - which I think was a good decision). It was surprisingly difficult to get 1 solid game in - where all three teammates played good balls. In my team, we all shined at different times. Anyway, it made things exciting.

Also, there's a pizza place adjacent to D's that is owned by the same pizza, and they make really good pizza. You can order from the bar.
Vibe Police
ROM

PreviousNext

Return to Events