[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Portland Pinbrawl 2011 April 17th

Portland Pinbrawl 2011 April 17th

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Portland Pinbrawl 2011 April 17th

Postby missmadeline on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Fun times! Good folks! Hey Dottie and Keith, thanks for hanging out with us Portland kids.
Congrats all
missmadeline

Postby PinBill on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Oh my lord, how embarrassed I am for forfeiting my third match, and thus eliminating myself from the tournament. Despite your numerous announcements, and the rules sheet, apparently I still lacked the brainpower to comprehend what double-elimination is and took off to catch up with a writer's event at the library that was by comparison not even in the same universe of being as good a time as the pinbrawl.

Thanks, though, for organizing a fun and friendly tournament. I wish I had stayed even if I hadn't pulled the bonehead move, just to watch the rest of the competition. Aargh. Next year.

Congrats to the victors. If nothing else, you clearly bested me in your ability to pay attention.

I'm sure i'll see some of you at some tuesday night events.
PinBill

Postby Opto on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Don't worry bill - if there's one thing I've learned from these big events, it's that I always do something stupid that I'll NEVER do again.

First Slabtown semi finals - Someone WRENCHED addams family and tilted the hell out of it. What do I do, but walk right up 2 seconds later and plunge . . . TILT. Never again - let it settle down.

Smackdown - I didn't know Dr. Who one bit, but was hitting Loops on it all day no problem. I see revtest do well on a MB and completely change my strategy. and go for MB at 1x - total waste of time and I lose. Don't change a working strategy!

Cascadia - It's ball 3 on EK and I'm chasing Andrew Nunes score. I finally get up just barely above it. With the ball trapped, I simply let it drain, cuz I've got him beat, right? No . . . I've forgotten that he's player 2, so he hits a few shots and wins the match.

Anyway . . . I guess my point is . . . I've never done any of those things again . . . and you probably won't be leaving after your first loss in a double elim tournament again!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby PinBill on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Ouch. Well, I'm sure it's not the last brainless move I'll make, but it's definitely a lesson. I was playing well too (at least compared to my performance at the most recent slabtown). The upshot: this only made me want to play more pinball, and that's never a bad thing.
PinBill

Postby Dropshot on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Dropshot

Postby FHF on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Yep! Thanks again to everyone who played this year! Congrats to Mike!! It's about time somebody from Portland won this thing!!!! And thanks to Ground Kontrol for all the hard work getting everything ready. I think everyone agreed that the remodel was a solid improvement, and it definitely seemed to make the seating situation a lot better. Also, thanks to Mark and everyone else who worked on the machines. They certainly take a beating, but overall I really think they were playing great this year!
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby deathsave on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Great tourney, guys. Thanks for all of the hard work.
deathsave

Postby Jules on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks to all the people involved. Portland does indeed have well run tournaments. Always a pleasure to participate. Julie
Jules

Postby PatC on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:29 am

PatC

Postby Opto on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:31 am

Videomode and Fast cracked the top 200
Opto

Postby FHF on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 am

and Mike is 2 boints away from cracking the top 100!! Win a weekly dude! Despite getting 2nd I don't think Aaron moved up at all :roll: Also, Danny B managed to pass me in the ranking without even showing up!! :oops:
FHF

Postby Opto on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:54 am

Seems like MWM is taking "the high road" - only acquiring boints from doing well at bigger events that are few and far between. Not working the system like the rest of us :lol:
Opto

Postby Opto on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:04 am

My ranking drops by about 33 boints (down to 144 total - about 99th place) if I take weeklies out of the equation. Take that Mahaff!
Opto

Postby fathom22 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Yeah I need to start schoolin' the locals in the weeklies for WOPPR's before I can only enter the "senior" tourny's ;)

No surprise to see the tournament crew pull off another dialed GK Pinbrawl event without a hitch, killer job!

MWM
fathom22

Postby jason on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:41 pm

hey everyone, great tourney!

and thanks rom for handing me my ass not once but twice!!

i hate to be a pain but my name was not on the final roster, not sure what to do about this but if i'm gonna make the top 100 by 2015 i need all the boints i can get!!!

can someone help?
jason

Postby FHF on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:19 pm

are you talking about the results or the pre-registration list? I'm not sure which Jason you are (Hill, Nagy, America, etc.), but I bet you're in the results, so you should be good to go!
FHF

Postby ROM on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:52 pm

That is Nagy.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:26 pm

You are right, somehow you got missed in there. Jason Nagy finished 17th as well. I will get that sent in.
Dropshot

Postby jason on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 am

thanks aaron and see u all on tues...
jason

Postby Eden on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:56 am

Guys, thanks for an awesome event once again!! Nice to see all you guys, including some I missed last time I was down...

Keep putting on these great events, and I'll keep showing up to TRY and win one! ;)
Eden

PreviousNext

Return to Events