[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - 3/8 Billy Ray's Tourney

3/8 Billy Ray's Tourney

You have no life. Click here to get one!

3/8 Billy Ray's Tourney

Postby Dropshot on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:12 am

Billy Ray's Neighborhood Dive
2216 NE MLK Blvd Portland, OR 97212
Phone: (503) 287.7254

$5 entry. Qualifying starts at 6:30, you may not sign up any later than 8:00, qualifying ends at 9:30. It is explained a little better down below.

Attack From Mars
Sopranos
Medieval Madness
Fish Tales
Monster Bash
Dropshot

Re: 3/8 Billy Ray's Tourney

Postby Dropshot on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Okay, so the format is changing for this tourney at Billy Ray's. We are going to try a practice run on how we would like to run the 2011 PBR Pinball Tour. Everyone will get 1 entry for $5. You only get the 1 entry. You can't keep buying more entries. They will then get to choose to play 3 of the 5 machines there. It will be a single player game and scores will be recorded with the same software as Showdown. 50, 45, 42, 40, 39, 38.. Qualifying will start at 6:30 and your last game needs to start before 9:30.

So no warm-ups after 6:30, sorry for those that this affects but this first time we need as much time to make sure it doesn't run past 2. As of right now we think the finals will wrap up around 11. So about the norm.

The finals will consist of the top 12 qualifiers. The first round of playoffs will consist of 3 player games.

Group A- 4, 9, 12
Group B- 5, 8, 11
Group C- 6, 7, 10

The higher seed will have choice of machine or position. This round will be played out as a one game match and the winner advances.

The second round will consist of the three winners from the previous round and be played out exactly the same. The highest seed has choice of machine or position and the winner advances to the finals.

The final round will consist of the winner of the second round along with the top three qualifiers.
This round will be played out on three games with scoring of 4,2,1,0 for each game. The highest seed will have choice of machine or position throughout the finals.

I have attached a more formal rule sheet along with a casual flow chart of the finals.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Attachments
new 12-player (2).PNG
new 12-player (2).PNG (52.68 KB) Viewed 13075 times
PBR Pinball Tour 2011 Practice Run Rules V-2-2.docx
(25.05 KB) Downloaded 453 times
Dropshot

Postby inthecan on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:42 pm

FYI When I was in Billy Ray's about 2 days ago the Batman had been replaced by Fish Tales and AFM was turned off, not sure why.
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby ROM on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks for the update.

I dreamed about this tournament last night, dudes. I did pretty well in the qualifying round. And then I chilled for a while and waited for everyone to catch up.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby PirateMike on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 am

left ramp on AFM is only registering sometimes
right flipper on Sopranos is a bit sticky

everything else seemed to be playing ok
PirateMike

Postby Dropshot on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:47 am

good ol' route machines....Mike is in Arizona but I think Jacob will stop by before Tuesday. Either way...choose wisely!
Dropshot

Postby PirateMike on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Also, I noticed the left inlane on MM doesn't register off the ramp shot. works fine if it rolls into the lane from the playfield, but the rollover is getting just missed when it drops out the ramp.
PirateMike

Postby Dropshot on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:04 pm

That's been like that for 3 years. Shouldn't affect anything.
Dropshot

Postby PirateMike on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Yeah, not a huge issue, just noticed it while I was in so I figured I'd mention it :)
PirateMike

Postby kevin on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:54 am

Monster Bash has some GI bulbs out, making it pretty dark. And when I was there tonight, Frank was up the whole time, so there was no way to start the Frankenstein nultiball. Hitting that ramp gave nothing.
kevin

Postby Dropshot on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:29 pm

I will pass all this stuff on to Jacob. Hopefully he can get some of the major stuff fixed. If not, games will play as is.

So I think I am going to move the start time back to 7:00, sharp! Hopefully it helps a few more players get a few minutes to warm up. I will turn machines off at 6:59 if need be.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:42 pm

The bug reports prior to tourneys are good. Some more important than others but still all good. It should help prevent complaining so we all know what is and isn't working on machines but it doesn't always seem to work.

I would say the left ramp working some of the time on AFM would be a priority, but the roll over on MM wouldn't be. That Frank has always been off and on, so who knows if that will get fixed. GI lights on MB being out, it has been that way for a while and expect it to stay that way.

I for one am happy Fish Tales replaced BDK, hopefully it is working well.
Dropshot

Postby PirateMike on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:17 pm

MB is dead. He was fixing it but got kicked out for the band.

MM was nicely tuned up, as was fish tales. AFM is fast and loose, will be interesting play. Sopranos wasn't tuned, but seemed to be playing well.
PirateMike

Postby Dropshot on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:44 pm

What do you mean MB is dead? Was he planning on coming back? What was wrong with it...?
Dropshot

Postby PirateMike on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:55 am

I mean he stopped working on it and turned it off. I don't know exactly what state it's in at this point, but I'd guess it's not good. I don't believe he'll be back before tonight.
PirateMike

Postby ROM on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 am

They had a band playing in the upstairs? Maybe they'll have one tonight!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Just want to check if I'm reading the rules correctly: qualifying goes 'til 9:30 so one doesn't need to be there at 7 on the dot in order to play? I'm flying in from Cali tonight, it would be awesome if I didn't have to rush over after my flight.
Legs

Postby FHF on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Yeah, you just have to start your last game before 9:30. Hopefully everyone doesn't wait till late to start playing though!
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Dropshot on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Yeah, waiting would not be advised. If there are 6 people all trying to get their last game in and it's 9:29, someone or someones won't be getting to play their last games. Even if one does open up at 9:32.
Dropshot

Next

Return to Events