[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - 2/22 Bog Tourney

2/22 Bog Tourney

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: 2/22 Bog Tourney

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

I heard that slamtilt flipped out and stormed out of the place :( But yeah, he should have been doing that before he started a new ball.
And Isaac didn't object much or anything. I think sometimes the rulings are at the mercy of the personalities of the players involved. If a person is an "eh, whatever" type of person, then eh whatever is going to be the ruling.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby pincat on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:41 pm

I believe when this happens a new game should be chosen and both players start over as if the first game never happened. A similar situation happened to me when I was playing Indy 500 at C-bar. We were playing a four player game and someone slam tilted the game wiping out our scores. One of the players just wanted to play one ball. I was strongly against this because I had a multball and other stuff set up on the playfied. The three of us decided to play a new game. I know one person wasn't happy because the slamtilt ended up costing them a first place.

Another thing I would like to have brought up is the rules of running a tourney since there are more people involved with running the weekly tourneys. I don't know what they are, but some type of standardization would be a good idea. I want to keep PDX pinball legit. :D
pincat

Postby FHF on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 pm

If you look at my previous post I put up the official rules from slabtown. They pretty much apply to the weeklies, but I do agree that it would be a good idea to draft something up specific for the weekly format. Regarding starting over, this can be helpful or not. Say you had the following 4-player scenario:

Ball 3
Player 1 - 500,000,000 boints
Player 2 - 100,000,000 boints - slam tilts machine
Player 3 - 200,000,000 boints - everything set up
Player 4 - 499,000,000 boints

Player 4 obviously wants an additional ball on a new game. Player 3 probably wants to start the entire game over. Unfortunately, it's a no-win situation. The only reasonable course of action is to pull down player 2's pants and spank him with moon rocks.
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby DannyBackglass on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:45 pm

That extra ball shot blew my mind.
DannyBackglass

Postby Dropshot on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:45 pm

New games, should not have been played. The affected player should have played 1 ball on a new game and added the scores. Once it happened a second time the same thing should have happened, 1 ball on a new game and add the scores. Then I would have pulled the game.

As for a slam tilt, all affected players are allowed to play another game and take either the slam tilted score, or the new game score, which ever is higher. The player who slam tilts gets a zero.

Cayle and I had a tie for qualifying at Cascadia Cup. He and I both wanted to lose for purpose of a better position. He was player 2 ball 3 and he already had me beat. He then purposely slam tilted the machine. I was nice, and only called bull shit on him, and told him he won the game regardless of the slam tilt. He called bull shit on me, then I pulled out the rules and showed him that I should just throw his ass out of the tournament for slam tilting a machine to benefit yourself or another player. He took the win.
Dropshot

Postby Legs on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:01 pm

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Yeah, that extra ball was insane (she was four million behind, started Monster Bash with the one flip, and then collected jackpots from the switch on the right loop).

Also, "redrew randomly" - this isn't accurate. There was no shuffling. He never went back to the computer to shuffle. That's why I disputed the pick. But you both shot me down for some reason.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Isaac on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 pm

I mentioned to the problem to Sauce on my way out, but failed to tell Danny or Dennis. I had just come off a brutal first round loss against Nagy so I was pretty over it by the time GnR crapped out on me. At that point going home felt like a better idea than throwing a fit. That 'play one extra ball' rule is OK for some games, but it wouldn't have helped me any. I was short 400m boints and was staring at 50m ramp shots with no balls on the play field. I probably would have contested a little more had it been later in the tournament.

At worst I spent $5 to eat chilly and play a little pinball. It's all good. 8-)
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby Legs on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 pm

To the best of my recollection, he deleted GnR from the randomizer and reshuffled. I guess only DB can say for sure.
Legs

Postby Isaac on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Also congrats to JD!
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby pincat on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 pm

pincat

Postby DannyBackglass on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 am

Man. Landed perfectly on the flipper, than BANG, perfect backhand into a lit Monster Bash. Girlfriend!!!
DannyBackglass

Postby ROM on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:19 am

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby FHF on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Yeah, that sounds like a ridiculous EB win! We are putting together a rule sheet for the weeklies. Little things you forget about, like if there is a major malfunction on ball 2, the player can opt to record their score and start a new game with, not one, but 2 additional balls. Who knew?
FHF

Postby Isaac on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

You also might want to add some rules about when it's acceptable for organizers to remove machines from the lineup. Malfunctions are a given, but it's come up a couple times when organizers have bumped machines for taking too long (PotC, BDK, LOTR) or being terrible tournament machines (Police Force, Bad Cats, BoP).
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby FHF on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Yeah, unfortunately I think those things basically have to be at the discretion of whoever happens to be "in charge" It would be difficult to come up with a standard rule for, say, how long a machine has to take before you decide to pull it from the bank. Or how bad it has to suck. Although if I had to come up with a scale it might involve police force at one end :P
FHF

Previous

Return to Events