[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Monthly Tournament @ The Alleyway! (Canceled!!!! :( )

Monthly Tournament @ The Alleyway! (Canceled!!!! :( )

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Re: Monthly Tournament @ The Alleyway!

Postby TheAlleyway on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:04 pm

The tournament is on. I have not made fliers. I think the turn-out will be good though. See ya on Sunday (With bells on).

I am going to stock up the change as well as I can. Try and come loaded.
Thanks,
Nikki
TheAlleyway

Postby autofire on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 pm

I thought we would get loaded while we played ball at the bar.
autofire

Postby bounceback on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:49 pm

see you tonight at 8!
bounceback

Postby autofire on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:54 am

that was a lot of fun if I do say so
autofire

Postby TheAlleyway on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:57 pm

I think so too.
I will be posting all the official totals here pretty soon.
Next month we will do the point system for sure. After seeing how the tournament went it seems like a better way to go. I like the idea a few of you mentioned about a "head to head tourney".
I will take requests into consideration for sure.
-Nikki
TheAlleyway

Postby TheAlleyway on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 pm

Tournament Totals

#1 DropShot- 498,210,840
#2 Videomode- 438,046,551
#3 DDT (Medieval Madness Score N/A)- 305,577,610

Replay-220,065,690
ROM-187,219,970
BounceBack- 178,951,290
SlamTilt- 164,047,149
AutoFire- 159,339,300
Tyson (T-Mun)- 154,074,720
Eric H. (Lord of the Rings Score N/A)- 97,653,260
RevTest- 92,489,290
FHF- 88,840,700
Scott W.- 86,166,990
Ben "Sauce"- 83,880,010
Rob- 80,048,360
Mike H.- 38,624,430
TheAlleyway

Postby bounceback on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:40 am

awesome-- thanks for posting that!

looks pretty right on, in terms of how things came out, actually. weird... one game here or there could've changed things, but the hierarchy actually is close to where i'd rank people... damn you romadamnation! if only i hadn't totally shanked both Indy AND bash, back to back! my whiskey must've kicked in at just the wrong moment.
bounceback

Postby revtest on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:42 pm

That's fucking embarrassing! won't happen again!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby bounceback on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:31 pm

is this happening end of the month this time? looking forward to it.

b
bounceback

Postby ROM on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Yeah, I talked with Nikki the other day, and she says it's on for Sunday the 30th. I'll add it to the calendar right now.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby TheAlleyway on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:58 pm

The tournament is on!
I am going to pass out fliers for this one. I have em' all ready to go. There will be extra ones at The Alleyway if anyone wants to grab some.
Also, we have a new machine! The dudes took out Whirlwind (sorry Ryan) and put in Doctor Who. Before my shift last night I played it a bunch. I think it is awesome! I want the dudes to come and level it and make sure everything is right for the tournament. It is draining A LOT and that is ANNOYING
The tournament will be the same deal...
Except, we are going to use the point system for scoring. It will be better.
And, hopefully more people will come out! I am going to drop a flier off to Anthony over at Ground Kontrol. He said the Portland Pinball association might come down to this one. That is great!
If there are any questions or concerns just let me know.
Nikki-
TheAlleyway

Postby ROM on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:41 am

I just played the Doctor Who. I think it seems level. And I wasn't getting many lame drains. It's a big open field, with a flat shot to hit up top, and so lots of shots bounce straight down the mid. But there are plenty of ways to keep it from doing that. I think it plays really well. It's much faster and cleaner-feeling than the one at GK.

I really like doctor who's multiball. It's fun to use the upper flipper at the same time as you're hitting other shots. I had some crazy simultaneous loop action going on. And the W-H-O 3-way combo is nice and satisfying.

The machine says 5 credits for $2. But that's a lie. It only gives 4 creds for $2.

The dudes need to fix Medieval Madness. The Peasant Ramp is still not working correctly.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby TheAlleyway on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:56 pm

10-4
TheAlleyway

Postby ROM on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:41 am

Slight correction. The peasant ramp seems to work sometimes. But not all the time. The other day Scott got Royal Madness, which I'm fairly certain is impossible to start unless all the ramps/loops are registering. But he couldn't complete the mode because peasant stopped registering during it.

So: it works sometimes.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:38 am

I am looking forward to this tourney, do we have a start time or a format set up yet? Also how is that Doctor Who playing? I may need to head up there and play it a bit.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Haven't really heard anything about tonight's tourney, I am sure everyone knows but just wanted to throw out one last reminder. Tonight at the Alleyway 8 pm. I am assuming that it will be a 3 bucks again. See everyone there!
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:45 pm

How'd it go? I got back into town too late to attend.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Replay won it, Deathsave got second, and I got third. Top 4 on the machines got boints, LOTR was down. I really think they should move into a heads up after qualifying. The tourny ended at 1030 so a bunch of us went to the ship to have another show down.
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:31 pm

Replay wins the Jackson!

Replay-wins.jpg
Replay-wins.jpg (62.16 KB) Viewed 15198 times
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby TheAlleyway on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:35 am

The tournament was a great a time. Thank you everyone for playing.
I also wanted to apologize for the shit quality of the machines last night. I am super annoyed at CashBox for flaking. The were suppose to come on Saturday at 2:30 to give the pins some T.L.C. before the big night. I think there was confusion about the holiday.
Whatever.
I am thinking about maybe switching operators if they dont take better care of them. I also wanna replace L.O.T.R.. It has been acting screwy now for a while and I think I need to put it to rest. I kinda want our original Creature back. That game was solid. If I swtich operators I will lose Dr. Who! That would suck. I hope they just step up.
TheAlleyway

PreviousNext

Return to Events