[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Monthly Tournament @ The Alleyway! (Canceled!!!! :( )

Monthly Tournament @ The Alleyway! (Canceled!!!! :( )

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Monthly Tournament @ The Alleyway! (Canceled!!!! :( )

Postby TheAlleyway on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Hey Dudes,
I would like to invite all of you to play in The Alleyway's monthly tournament.
We are located at 2415 NE Alberta street and are packing 5 of the best machines you could get your paws on in the Northeast.
So, the tournament will be every last Sunday of the month. For October it will be at on the 26th and will start promptly at 8:00 p.m..
The game line-up is:
Whirlwind
Medieval Madness
Indiana Jones (Not the new one)
Monster Bash
Lord of the Rings
The tournament will be a round robin tournament. Eveyone plays a full game on all the machines and then totals their scores up.
The Highest Score will win 50 Bucks
The Second Highest Score will win a pitcher of beer and a meal
The Third Highest Score will win a pint and a meal
The buy-in is 3 bones.
Spread the word!
Thanks,
Nikki
Give me a shout if you have any questions.
TheAlleyway

Re: Monthly Tournament @ The Alleyway!

Postby TheAlleyway on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:58 pm

"are packing 5 of the best machines you could get your paws on in the Northeast."

I dont know if this is actually true...However, they were just worked on today. They were all playing pretty well. The plunger on Whirwind is still fucked up. I will call cashbox tomorrow and hopefully have that fixed here soon.
Thanks,
Nikki
TheAlleyway

Postby Dropshot on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:45 pm

i like pinball
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:02 pm

Sweet. Scott mentioned this to me. But I haven't been able to visit as often as I'd like, so couldn't get more details.

One thing to note is that CFF meets every other Sunday - and Oct. 26 is a meeting. However, I'll talk with people about having that meeting at the Alleyway and entering the tournament.

but it will be hard for us to make each one, if each one is on a meeting night.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:06 pm

We should just get alleyway to change the date of the tourney, considering we would be at least half the turnout. I know last thursday wouldn't work but what about first or third thursday?
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:34 pm

hey Nikki what time do you guys open over there every day! i like my mid day ball'n with some lunch and a cold one.
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby TheAlleyway on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:55 pm

We open at 3 Monday-Friday, and then at Noon Saturday and Sunday...

Side-note: The Whirwind plunger is being worked on right now by Mike... He has to put a heavier spring in. He said that he was hesitant to do that because then people complain the plunger is too hard to pull back. I said that I think it would be better to put a heavier spring in and people will just have to deal with putting a little muscle into it. I think that is better than not being able to hit the skill shot.
Any thoughts?
TheAlleyway

Postby Dropshot on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:00 pm

I think its a good move, the plunger will wear down over time anyways
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:39 pm

that sounds great and thanks for the hrs. Now you know sissy's do a few more 16oz curls so you can pull the plunger back weaklings!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby bounceback on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:17 am

this is rad, as far as i'm concerned it would kick much ass to have MANY meetings fall on the same day as the alleyways tournament-- we meet, we shred, we take home $50 for the kitty plus beer and food? hell, how it could it get much better? we're already going to be out spending dough anyway, in this case we could actually win some. i'm psyched. this is a really generous offer and i'll plan to be there-- plus it only makes sense to support folks who really and truly are advocating for pinball and looking after their machines in a way most people aren't. just goes to show what a difference it can make if there are a couple people at your favorite bar who personally care about the games. cody at the green dragon told me they made more money last month off pinball than any previous month after switching to quality, getting their payout counted on-site, and getting responsive service for their games. cashbox is good about getting to the alleyway and taking care of their requests, and that's more than you can say about many other places in town. let's continue to show our full support to the venues that do the one thing we ask-- have kickass games that work!

thanks nikki, see you there
bounceback

Postby ROM on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:48 pm

Total agreement.

Also, re: the Whirlwind plunger (since this is important, right!), it isn't/wasn't the plunger or spring that's broken - the problem is with the trough that the ball is plunged up. There's a bump or something that's preventing the ball from resting flush against the plunger. So the ball sits a few millimeters away from the plunger, you plunge the plunger, and the two barely make contact. The plunger itself is fine, and probably always has been fine.

Here's an illustration to show you all what is going on:

//////D O

And it should be like this:

//////DO

And then when you plunge it the ball will be all like:

//////D-------------O

Audio:
"SPROING------FOOOSH BING BING BING"
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Not too sick to get stoned though, huh?
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Never!

Full disclosure: that was posted from work, where the only things I was baked on was Emergen-C and donuts.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 am

ahh...the ol' sugar high that and caffeine always fucks me up the most. However, not in the sweet sweet way booze and narcotics will.
Dropshot

Postby autofire on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:26 am

robotussin dangit!
autofire

Postby bounceback on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:53 pm

man rom, what other shit have you spent time drawing out in ASCII and animating? i can guess...there's a reason the plunger is such a familiar shape to you isn't there?
bounceback

Postby bounceback on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:04 pm

oh, and also---

i'm definitely going to the tourney, who else? we should rock that shit fo sho! i'd be into meeting at some of the places that we haven't been before, don't think we've actually met at the alleyway. i know there's some concern about times for places that close a little earlier. i believe alleyway closes at 12, green dragon closes at one. so that we can still patronize these great spots with our carousing ways, i propose that we initiate some two-stage meetings-- 10-12 at alleyway next week, then we relocate from 12-2 at billy rays. similiarly we could meet 3 weeks from now at green dragon 10-12 (or have an early stage, 9-11,) and move it on up the street to vern or just around the corner to plan B to finish things. even better if we could do this as a group, in some kind of parade fashion. do we still have a banner?
bounceback

Postby ROM on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby replay on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 pm

I can't wait, hopefully there will be some non cff folk there, maybe we should bring notepads and pencils to hand out to em. It may come in handy when they want to take notes!
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns." -Bruce Lee
replay

Postby ROM on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:06 pm

We could also hand out kleenex, for when they want to cry!
Vibe Police
ROM

Next

Return to Events