Twilight Zone Pinball Backglass Translight Light Box - SOLD

Or, conversely, Trade/Sell/Buy

Twilight Zone Pinball Backglass Translight Light Box - SOLD

Postby Opto on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Howdy,

So . . . when I was a youngin' and still dreamed of someday having my own pinball machine, I bought a translite from Twilight Zone and built a box for it to hang on the wall. I've also got a light fixture that can be mounted behind it, so you can back light it.

It's kinda strange, but pretty cool looking. Not your standard wall art, that's for sure. Anyway - I put it up on Craigslist for $80. If anyone on the board wants it, they can take it for $50. I'm pretty sure the translite alone is worth that. Add my extremely novice level woodworking/painting skills on top of that . . . what a deal.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/for/1247420151.html
Last edited by Opto on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Re: Twilight Zone Pinball Backglass Translight Light Box Thingy

Postby deathsave on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:12 pm

i don't imagine you would've bought a fucked up translite to hang on the wall, or that it saw any abuse after it was framed. good deal on a TZ translite regardless of what you want to do with it.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby bounceback on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:16 am

man i saw that on CL today and wanted it. would make a nice lamp/piece of art. anything you'd be willing to take in trade? guitar work or sexual favors? i'm busted broke. need work.
bounceback

Postby Opto on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 am

Well . . . the latter is the only thing that's really tempting but I sold it to a dude last night. The acquired funds are already spent on rubber kits, capacitors and tiny things with wires attached.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade