[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Crazy Overpriced Special Force In Eugene

Crazy Overpriced Special Force In Eugene

Or, conversely, Trade/Sell/Buy

Crazy Overpriced Special Force In Eugene

Postby Opto on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:32 pm

I actually think this game looks pretty neat, but I've never played one. It's Nordmans first. Inline drops - single drops in front of ramps - Centaur inlane outlanes. massacring of native villagers - CRICKETS!!!!!!

What's not to like?

Nice ones usually sell for $600-$700. I wonder what he'd say if someone offered him that.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/for/2821189322.html

Having never played it . . . the game could be a complete pile.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Re: Crazy Overpriced Special Force In Eugene

Postby eric on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Am I seeing this correctly? Does the left ramp returns to its own entrance?
eric

Postby ROM on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Ha, they also made a female version of this machine. .
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:40 am

Special Force was one of the tournament games at PPE this past year. Gameplay seemed pretty cool in theory, but I never had a chance to do anything other than get housed on it.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby inthecan on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:35 am

Wow, you can gain missiles on this game! Sort of sounds like the pinball equivalent of Commando or Ikari Warriors. The girl version joins Bad Girls and Raven as some of the most awesome BG art I have ever seen.
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby TheStandardNate on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:26 pm

I played it a few times at PPE. I like it. At the end of each ball it is strategic to fire all of your missiles to increase bonus. Kind of a good feeling.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Postby Opto on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Nate - offer him $700. I will come play it at your house.
Opto

Postby TheStandardNate on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 am

I would if I could.
TheStandardNate

Postby Opto on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:33 am

Maybe he'd be interested in a JOKERZ?
Opto

Postby Joey9Fingers on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 am

The game has to be shopped just right to be any fun! That's what I have been told over & over! I have this one at my arcade, if the flipper coils aren't just right it is near impossible to hit the helicopter ramp. It does seem like it COULD be a lot of fun & the missles are a fun touch. Mine has a trashed playfield so I was able to pick it up for a steal! Crickets, yes....jungle sounds, you mean the static "wind" noises that SUCK! The helicopter machine gun clacking is cool, but besides the crickets that's all I get out of mine. Maybe my sound card or speaker is jacked? I was told the girl version was a for international release, I believe Brazil....who knows.
Joey9Fingers

Postby Opto on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:55 am

Joey - if you convert it over to non-linear flippers (mata hari/paragon/Globetrotters/8-ball era), they'll be a lot stronger.

Same baseplate/coil/end of stroke. You just replace the plunger, link and spring - about $20 in parts for both flippers from Pinball Resource. Lot less weight/metal to move = snappier flips.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... er&lnk=ol&

Here's a pic showing the difference - non-linear on the left and linear on the right -
Attachments
linear_vs_non.jpg
linear_vs_non.jpg (122.49 KB) Viewed 10448 times
Opto

Postby eric on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm

+1 for converting Bally linear to non-linear flippers.
eric

Postby revtest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 pm

+2 for the Biscuit swap!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Joey9Fingers on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks for the advice Opto, I'll have to check that out. So was Alien Poker non-lin? I have one sitting in my bone yard.
Joey9Fingers

Postby revtest on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:15 pm

alien poker is non bally!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Opto on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Yeah - different baseplates . . . in fact assemblies all together.
Opto

Postby eric on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 pm

Though on that note, some people replace their Williams sys 3-7 flipper assemblies with System 11 or WPC assemblies. The biggest reason for doing this is that the coil stop (a common wear point) is built into the 3-7 baseplates whereas it's a discreet replaceable part on the later assemblies. There are also FAR more system 11 and WPC parts being repro'd than there are 3-7.

It's also crucial on those old 25V flippers that the EOS switch stays closed until the very very end of the stroke. The longer it's closed, the more powerful the flip.
eric

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade