[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Pinball Pool $200 Now with more broken!

Pinball Pool $200 Now with more broken!

Or, conversely, Trade/Sell/Buy

Pinball Pool $200 Now with more broken!

Postby nhm on Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Well, I sold pinball pool, it worked for a few hours and the displays went dim. In an effort to fix displays, I think I accidentally fried a chip on the board. The game will start up, but it will continually keep scoring until the game is turned off. I believe that the dim displays are from a bad filter capacitor. All of this should be easily fixed if you have the know how. I just want to get rid of it and move on. It is still in beautiful shape, as shown in revtest's pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/revtest/se ... 135309028/
These are revtest's pictures, but it's in the same condition as when these were taken.
Last edited by nhm on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nhm

Re: Pinball Pool $400

Postby inthecan on Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:56 pm

That is a sweet deal, you might also want to hit up Charlie at the Seattle Pinball Museum as I bet that table would be right up their alley!
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby Joey9Fingers on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:02 pm

What sort of NEWER machine are you looking for?
Joey9Fingers

Postby revtest on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:42 pm

this game is in good shape and is a fun game!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby nhm on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:45 pm

nhm

Postby nhm on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:04 pm

It's up on craigslist now for $500, but I will still take $400 for somebody here on the forum.
nhm

Postby nhm on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Last chance for romance! I have a craigslister who says he's interested at $500. I haven't given him my info yet, so I'll give it a few more hours here for $400.
nhm

Postby videomode on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:46 pm

take the $500
dennis
videomode

Postby nhm on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 am

Sold on the craigslist!
nhm

Postby revtest on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Nice work!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Re: Pinball Pool $200 Now with more broken!

Postby nhm on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Price reduced!
nhm

Postby Joey9Fingers on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Can I assume the craigslister flaked & this is still available?
Joey9Fingers

Postby nhm on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:15 pm

He didn't flake. The machine worked for several hours and then the displays went extremely dim. I checked it out and agreed to fix it, but in the process I believe a fried a chip on the board, as it now starts scoring and won't stop. It's gotten beyond my level of experience, so I gave the guy his money back and took the machine. So, now it's a very nice semi (but not very) functional machine.
nhm

Postby Joey9Fingers on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:57 pm

well that's a bummer! It still looks like a super clean, fun machine. Any idea what chip might have been fried. If you can trace down the chip the solder job should be fairly straight forward.
Joey9Fingers

Postby inthecan on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:03 am

Dude... bummer.
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby eric on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 pm

It sounds like the switch matrix may have accidentally been shorted to the GI or solenoid bus. If this is the case and you're not game to troubleshoot, a new Ni-wumpf MPU is only $180 which still makes this a pretty good deal. If you do install a new MPU definitely double check to make sure none of the switches are still shorted otherwise you'll just screw up your brand new board.

If anyone buys this and installs a Ni-wumpf, I'll happily pay $20 for the old MPU.
eric

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade