I need a good price on displays!

Or, conversely, Trade/Sell/Buy

I need a good price on displays!

Postby Joey9Fingers on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:30 pm

I need a good price on displays! Any one got a lead on some cheap displays, even used is okay if they light up.....I'm tired of having pins down because of bad displays! I need a set for high speed, back to the future & black out. I'm willing to trade some pins or what not to get some cash in to get this stuff fixed. Any ideas guys, I can use some help. How the heck am I going to host a trackie & goldies party if I don't get more of these pins working???
Joey9Fingers

Re: I need a good price on displays!

Postby eric on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Have you considered LED displays? With the prices new gas discharge displays are fetching these days it might be cheaper to buy all new LED replacements, especially if you have more than one display out on a game.
eric

Postby Joey9Fingers on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Yeah, that is what I have been looking at. The prices are fair. But when you need like 4-5 sets then the 150-225 each set adds up quick! I do think I am going to do the new pin-led displays for high speed.
Joey9Fingers

Postby eric on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:57 pm

I'd stay away from Pin LED for two reasons: 1) they use surface mount components, and 2) the plastic in their LED displays is white and looks really weird unless you're playing in a completely dark room. I'd highly recommend checking out Rottendog's boards. I installed one in a Cyclone and thought it looked great. I sold the machine to Rhodes about 2 years ago and he's been operating it on location ever since with (so far as I'm aware) zero issues. Pretty sure Jeri's installed these on some of her route machines too.

http://rottendog.us/products.htm
eric

Postby Opto on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:10 pm

If a few of your high speed displays are good, you could sell them to offset the price of a new display setup.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Joey9Fingers on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Displays are gone, not even there! But I do have a road kings that I may just strip of it's partially working displays & see what I can do. Thanks for the tip on the displays. I saw a pinbot with the pin-leds at mountain coin....I thought it looked pretty good.
Joey9Fingers

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade