Seaside, Oregon

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Seaside, Oregon

Postby Slingshot on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:56 pm

So the arcade there boasts many good games...Cactus Canyon, Arabian Nights, MM, AFM, Pirates, Harley Davidson, Austin Powers, Mars Attacks, Star Wars, Playboy, NBA Fastbreak and some others I forgot.

The shitty part was that all but Cactus Canyon, Arabian Nights, and AFM were in unplayable condition. Free salt water taffy across the street was a plus.
Slingshot

Re: Seaside, Oregon

Postby oneandasixtenth on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:00 pm

i live in seaside and there are a pile of great games there ...20 i think
no good gofers , star trek, midevil , creature from the black lagoon, but none of these machines work worth a shit

monopoly plays OK
playboy plays ok but the skill shot dont work which really sucks if you know the game
it was designed by george gomez Awesome game though

the problem is the people who run the show there dont know what they have and really dont care about fixing there machines or so it seems
which in turn is bad for the pinball industry there should be a law aginst that..

plus all the gams have the ball saved settings either off or on the 2 second setting
also the outer lane rubbers are set all the way back! on nearly all the games what a rip off
i dont recommend going there even though they have one of the best line ups EVER.. there machines are rip offs ...and they just swiched to this weird credit card slot money taking device that dont work for shit..
oneandasixtenth

Postby oneandasixtenth on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 pm

ok i stand corrected... was and the seaside funland tonight

playboy is all time ...the dot matrix even shows bush and titties when you win multiple strip pokes ..WOW is there one in portland?

no good gofers works but has been rode hard , rubber is hammered
start trek worked hard too

NBA is in mint shape but i cant figure that game out ,plus im not a basketball fan
the rest of the machines dont work at all

seems as though someone is making it a priorty to get them working perfect but thats might take years at this rate..
as for the lane pins, all set all the way back , and watch them eat money
oneandasixtenth

Postby oneandasixtenth on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:22 pm

creature of the black lagoon is working for now

playboy is not..the skillshot bunny edject is broke , big part of the game!

i dont get the cards , you get them from a computer/ the some of the games dive you half credit for 50 cents , i did alot of asking the guy to get my 50 cents back...i can only guess how many people fall for the swipe it again thing and not realize they got double charged...

O no beer near the games...
oneandasixtenth

Postby bounceback on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:48 am

that's bad news, but maybe worth a visit when you're on the coast anyway... 1&asix10th, you should start a petition or something to get the operator's attention. CFF has been a big factor in making operators more aware of what players want and need, and it really works-- if you can prove to them they make more money when shit's working, they'll probably bother to get the games up and running. maybe someone could organize a tournament or other event out there, with that lineup, and get all the games in top shape for that. it would be worth it i think.
bounceback

Postby Kickback on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:22 pm

My man is right. Be pro-active. The techs and distrubutors have become our friends in some cases. We make them money.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby oneandasixtenth on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:36 pm

yeah thats exactly what i pushed...
a little more playtime = more money and people come back
i went down after an early out of my daytime job, actually to get my wallet i had let there last night..which they had (someone had returned it off the candy crane ...) why i was playing that ...dont ask! so that is a plus with the place..

there is a guy the with tools working on a old Daytona 500 game .. the seat ajust at that! i says you the pinball mechanic ..he says " yeah" and boints at another guy says "he is to ",dude seems real cool 18 years at that arcade! dont like pinball ! dont like to play it , just dont like it ...claims to own the catus canyon... i offered to buy the part and install them ...claimed he needed to take them to a garage , so he wouldnt get all crazy ..like he needed a place to put a new plunger in and a new switch and spinn the rubber on the flippers ..

he waS all about the money...the payoff games ...rubber spider ring shit

i am learning most of the games are listed 50cents really cost a buck still..
the coin op did give me a 3 credits on the creature from the today when i ask for a refund
oneandasixtenth

seaside

Postby replay on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:48 pm

The machines there are in pitiful shape. Not only are they ALL broken in one way or another but they switched away from quarters to a pre-purchased card you add money to and several of the machines were either not reading the card correctly or they are crazy because they were charging one dollar per game. It's a shame to pinball to have a cactus canyon in there in that shape. Very disappointing.
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns." -Bruce Lee
replay

Postby Slingshot on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Yeah, it gives me pin"blue"balls everytime I see that arcade.
Slingshot

Return to The Machines