[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Shanghai Tunnel

Shanghai Tunnel

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Shanghai Tunnel

Postby coyle on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Pin bot is out again. Not sure what's up, turned it on and the display was freaking out (sort of a strobe thing) and was looking for the ball...
The night life ain't no good life, but it's my life.
coyle

Postby Ricochet on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm

The ball was stuck under a plastic on Pinbot. I couldn't identify the strobe problem with the tools I had on hand, but it's still playing fine. We'll check it out in the next few days.

Found and replaced a bad opto on World Cup.

Fixed the ball trap on Addams Family by the pop bumpers.
Ricochet

Postby Ricochet on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:38 pm

Fixed up kicker in Dracula, dragging upper flipper on Addams Family, sticky flipper on World Cup and coin jams all around. Hard week at the Tunnel.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby coyle on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:11 am

After you left I saw Danny B. get a ball stuck in the Mystery/ misty hole on Dracula twice and I had it slam tilt on me for no reason at all.
coyle

Postby Ricochet on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:44 pm

I think I have the stuck ball problem fixed in Dracula by bending the scoop to speed the ball up under the playfield. Replaced the bad pop bumper bracket too.

Legs - I ran a switch test and could not see a reason why Rats mode was not scoring high enough.
Ricochet

Postby Legs on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 am

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Ricochet on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 am

Fixed a ball trap in World Cup tonight. Pinbot was unplugged for some reason, but we couldn't find a problem even after playing ~10 games.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:43 am

Hard week at the Tunnel continues:

PinBot was still turned off; WCS was missing a ball somewhere. And the left flipper on Getaway was malfunctioning. It would flip well enough but would not stay engaged, so you couldn't stop or hold the ball with it.

The good news is that the Hung Far Low sign has been restored.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby Ricochet on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 am

We got a call Saturday at 7pm and we got it fixed that night. Let us know if you noticed this after Saturday.

The flipper was a broken wire on the hold winding.
Pinbot was just unplugged. We played 10 games and didn't notice a problem.
A one way gate on the right passage got bent, so it held the ball.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Nope, this was on Saturday afternoon. Thanks Ricochet!
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby coyle on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Both coin slots on the getaway where eating coins, and we had one complaint that AF reset mid game, although I played a handful of games after work and had no problem... Oh, and AF still only has a two ball multiball.
coyle

Postby Jeri on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Ok. Thanks. We may not get over there until tomorrow. Sorry about the suckage lately.

-Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby Jeri on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Coin jam is fixed now. The coin box was too small and slid to the side, so the coins would land on the edge causing a jam.

Addams Family Multiball - We only had 5 minutes to check the machines, so we'll dig into this in a few days.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby ROM on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:09 am

This comment doesn't have anything to do with Shanghai. Last week I found a Japanese coin in a machine! (stuck in it...)

That was a cool thing to find.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:04 am

The ball was stuck in the upper left corner again, so I put a peg in to block the air ball when people slam the shooter rod. One of the center ramp switches was not working, but I don't think it changed game play. Things Hand was unplugged from the motor brake board(no Thing functionality). Probably has been disconnected since the last time we lifted the play field up.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby coyle on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:58 am

TAF is going in to ball search when you hit the thing multiball and had it happen in the swamp too. BSD ended my ball when only one ball drained on my mist multiball. Oh, and I cant get the GC on Getaway—can you fix that?
coyle

Postby eric on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:52 am

On HSII, the ball consistently deflects off the post below the upper flipper when exiting the orbit. Most of the time the ball ends up in the slings. It's been like this since the game was installed, but I don't think anyone's mentioned it on the board. It would be sweet to restore that Ritchie flow and have it feed to the right flipper.
eric

Postby Opto on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:14 am

I think the ball guide above the upper flipper can be bent out slightly so the ball misses that post. I think it's a common issue with HS2's. Mine misses the post on most fast shots, but plunges (slower) still bump it.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Jeri on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Argh. Always things fall to pieces just as I leave town. Trish said she'd do her best to fix the issues tonight if it's not hard CPU board problems. I'll be back next Thursday. FWIW.

You might peek under the machines and make sure the legs are not up on the raised cement. There seems to be a lip near the will tip some of the machines. Addams Family can stick the ball directly behind the swap kick out if it's leaning to much to the left.

Dracula Guess- Maybe the ball didn't roll into the correct position in the ball through and it thought both drained.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby Opto on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm

"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines