Cashbox

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Cashbox

Postby HornedGramma on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:05 am

Does anyone know the best way to communicate with these jokers? The location nearest my home has a Sopranos with electrical problems that cause it to let the ballsave remain lit for over five minutes during multiballs, and last week they installed an Addams Family that leans so hard to the right that it is absolutely unplayable.

I've called half a dozen times and they don't do anything. They don't seem to monitor this forum at all. I've heard tell of them being responsive at locations where CFF plays. What's the secret.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Re: Cashbox

Postby sauce on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 pm

The long ballsave during stacked multiballs is a software thing, I think. I know I have seen it happen on multiple Soprano's when stacking multiballs at least.
sauce

Postby eric on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Sauce is right. More here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=374&p=4448
eric

Postby HornedGramma on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:02 pm

I've heard of that, but this feels like something different -- a couple weeks ago it was spitting out all of the balls in the trough even before a multiball was started, and when the trough was empty the autofire would keep kicking anyway. Eventually it started only doing it during multiballs (mostly), but still the autofire is constantly kicking.

I don't know; maybe the evolution of the problem indicates that they have repaired it to the extent that they are willing or able, but that Addams Family machine still needs to balanced in the worst way.
HornedGramma

Postby HornedGramma on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 pm

I did read the link to that other thread, and it does sound like that is at least part of the problem. I'll call Cashbox and let them know that.
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Coasters on the Addams legs?

I don't know how to get in touch with Cashbox. At Alleyway back in the day I would just bug the manager a lot, and the manager would bug Cashbox.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:58 pm

I did my very best with as many coasters as they would give me. I have honestly never played a machine that leans this bad, and that includes the Medieval Madness at Clinton Street.
HornedGramma

Postby eric on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:11 am

When Cashbox had a TAF at the C-Bar twice the operator put the playfield down without properly seating the brackets causing an unreal right lean. Cradled balls would actually roll up the flipper bat. It was like a Mystery Spot.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:33 am

I know I shouldn't be saying this but I have used wrenches to adjust the legs on my own. Operators and bartenders usually aren't to happy if they see you doing this. One time I was told to stop by a bartender and I responded "I know what I'm doing and it needs to be done." That didn't go over to well.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:04 am

Yeah, operator fail.

We are gathering operator data for the pinball map.

So let's start with Cashbox. Which locations do they have?

C-Bar
Alleyway
Putters
Apex
Cosmo Lounge
Red Flag
Mulligans
Beulahland

What else? What's the place near you, HornedGramma?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby PatC on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Their AFM at Holman's is still one of my favorites.

That said, the Whitewater there has been broken 6/10 times I've gone.
PatC

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:24 pm

The place near me is the Cosmo Lounge. I haven't been there in months, though, because it got to the point where the Cashbox people were getting belligerent with me whenever I'd call them to come fix the same problems.

Cashbox owns the machines at Apex on 12th and Division, too... Which is one of my favorite bars in town. Every time I go in there it's like a beer adventure, but half the machines have a growing list of issues (well-documented on a clipboard in the pinball room) and half the machines are IJ4 and Ripley's.
HornedGramma

Postby FHF on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Yeah, those machines at the Cosmo lounge need some serious attention! I go in there every once in a while when I have to go to the bank (just down the block) and always get annoyed after like 5 minutes. The worst part is that it's impossible to hit the right ramp on TAF. I optimistically thought I could still make the game interesting without that shot. I was wrong. :evil:
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby HornedGramma on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

Cool, but don't let that keep you away from the burrito place next door.
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:09 am

The theatre at apex plays fine. And yeah, the beers are good.

Red Flag is another Cashbox place. Anyone know if they have Beulahland, too?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 am

Does that mean they fixed the Vanish shot, the weird thing the stand-ups were doing and the random slam tilts in the last 48 hours? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled if that's the case. Like I said, I love Apex.

Happen to know if they fixed LOTR too?
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 am

I haven't been there in over a week.... so, no, what I said does not mean any of that. I guess it's not safe to say a machine is working great, when I haven't played it in over a week.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:49 am

Actually I went to Apex over the weekend and all of the problems I had noticed during previous visits had been fixed.

I retract any criticism. Not of Cashbox, but of this location. Don't let anything I said be the reason you don't go to Apex. They have a million delicious beers AND they apparently insist on functional machines.
HornedGramma

Postby HornedGramma on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:14 pm

However, add Mulligan's (on Hawthorne) to the list of Cashbox locations that are completely ignored.
HornedGramma

Postby Isaac on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:24 pm

I played the Sopranos at Mulligans on Saturday and it seemed to play just fine.
HWJP?
Isaac

Next

Return to The Machines