The Spare Room

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

The Spare Room

Postby Legs on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:37 pm

NE 42nd and Alberta-ish.

I was there last night for a roller derby party. They have two machines (portlandpinballmap promised me a Sopranos, but I saw neither hide nor hair of it): Family Guy and LOTR.

FG was launching the ball automatically, which wasn't fun and also made it hard to select Español as my language of choice, the volume's super loud, and if the ball comes down through Lois it's pretty much an automatic drain. Rachel and I couldn't get a single good game on it between the two of us and all the scores are presets (either no one plays it or it's a mean motherfucker).

LOTR was playing well, but you couldn't choose your skill shot (Flipper was always selected) and the VUK stopped recognizing that a ball was in it after about 10 games...probably just a glitch, but given that I slam tilted it in the midst of multiball trying to get the balls out, I never played another game to see how it acted after that.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Re: The Spare Room

Postby ROM on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm

portland pinball map makes no promises. But it does deliver dreams...
Vibe Police
ROM

Return to The Machines