Cosmo Lounge

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Cosmo Lounge

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:56 am

What was once Pogo's - near the corner of Milwaukie and Bybee - has become the Cosmo Lounge.

They just removed an Addams Family machine that was operated by Melody and replaced it with a Cashbox Sopranos.

Sopranos works very well; flippers are tight and the safe works like a charm. The left orbit wasn't registering shots, but we called Cashbox and they had a technician leering over our shoulder and reeking of cheap whisky and cigarette smoke literally within ten minutes.

Added to the map.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Re: Cosmo Lounge

Postby ROM on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Did you just try adding it to the map again, or was that someone else?
I confirmed Cosmo to the map yesterday.

Also, when I checked the site today, the Sopranos had been removed from the location. Is the owner a weirdo who doesn't know how to use the internet, or are you doing this, or is Sopranos really gone already?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:15 am

I added it once and that's it. Sounds like someone's being weird but it ain't me. I played it last night.

In related news, after sitting patiently for an hour and a half as the technician fixed the switch on the left orbit, I dropped fifty cents into that machine and ripped it to pieces.

One more hit at the safe would have cracked it to start Boss mode. I, having never achieved Boss mode, choked. Of course. Still I consider that to be progress, and now there's a vendetta involved.
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Is the machine gone from here now?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:02 pm

No, the machine is not gone.

The Cosmo Lounge has one of Cashbox's Sopranos machines, and I imagine it will be there for quite some time.

Why the confusion, out of curiosity?
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:36 pm

someone keeps removing it from the map.

However, I feel like the person doing it is probably confused by a mistake I made - I messed up with the database fields on that one, and accidentally added the machine into the phone number field. So Sopranos was listed with the address. I'm thinking someone was seeing that, but also seeing Sopranos listed as a machine, and so was deleting the machine in order to fix the double listing. ...but having it just in the address field is obviously no good. So I fixed the address! hopefully that'll fix the problem of someone deleting it from the location.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Cool.

Well I have no motivation to fuck with the accuracy of the map; I use it all the damn time. If I figure out who the wiseguy is I'll tell him to cool it.
HornedGramma

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 am

This machine is doing some weird thing where it just constantly launches balls; when one ball drains it doesn't end, just re-launches. But only on player 2, for some reason. I put in a call to Cashbox but it's one of those sometimes/sometimes not issues, so we'll see.

There was some healthy competition for the score board which is now entirely fucked; sure doesn't take long for drunk assholes to ruin a nice machine.
HornedGramma

Postby HornedGramma on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:48 pm

An Addams Family machine has been added to the Cosmo Lounge.

...that's in addition to the Sopranos they've got in there.

I added it to the map.
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 pm

woooooooooooooooooooord up. thanks.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Addams Family and Sopranos are out; a really nice Family Guy is in.
HornedGramma

Return to The Machines