[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - the standard

the standard

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: the standard

Postby Ricochet on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Jackpot. The one behind the drop targets? Trish and I are going over there tomorrow to check out the machines for your Thursday night tournament.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby ROM on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

Yeah, that one. It also won't always register on that "move your car" -ish mode, where you have to hit that center hole. But it only happens, as far as I can tell, the first time you hit it. This might be hard to replicate (given that I noticed this before and you weren't able to replicate it). But I swear it happens pretty frequently. Danny B saw it!

Another thing, that I overheard: someone mentioned something about, I think, the right flipper on black rose being a little weak.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Ricochet on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:41 am

Judge Dredd did have problem with the subway switch for jackpot.
Black Rose fell apart this week! The left flipper end of stroke was broken, lower right flipper was dragging, the upper flipper was sticking on the EOS and ball 2 lock switch broke off.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby Dropshot on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:15 am

We took DW out of the tourney last night. While warming up it was still having the issue where the videomode would start with the ball in the pop bumpers. Flippers would go dead, ball would fall out and drain.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:25 am

Also, Ricochet! The machines are so cramped. Have you ever asked the owners if they'd be willing to move that wall - just shift it over like 2-3 feet? I don't think that would be too hard, and it would make a world of difference.

Also, sometimes a tilt on Judge Dredd would result in the next person getting a danger or two before even touching the ball. I try not to complain about the tilt on that machine too much... but it's quite sensitive, and the bob takes forever to stop bobbing. AKA I tilted out my bonus on a game I played after the tournament ended where I would have gotten the GC! I was 70million short, and it was baloney!! Steve guessed that the back of the machine is against the wall, and that's affecting it. dunno.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:57 am

Steve's got an excuse for everything. If it's against the wall the problem is it shouldn't. If it's not, well then it should be. The window is open and the breeze is affecting the spin on the ball. The door is closed and there is not enough fresh air to breath...should I go on Steve, or would you like to take a few?
Dropshot

Postby videomode on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:03 am

Finally some good drama around here
dennis
videomode

Postby ROM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:29 am

I saw Steve get two dangers before he even plunged the ball. And he ended up winning that match. We were both trying to troubleshoot the issue. Perhaps it was against the wall?!
relax, dropshot.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:48 am

Steve you missed it....it was the perfect set-up to blame 4F.
Dropshot

Postby Legs on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:53 am

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Ricochet on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:07 pm

We had to put nuts on the inside of the left leg bracket of JD, because it was already stripped out (leg kicking). Maybe it changed the feel of the machine. We'll check it out.

Sounds like Dr Who's switch for video mode ball lock is triggering at the wrong time.

Wall - I'll tell the owners to bring in the wrecking ball ASAP or we'll give them dirty looks each time we service the machines. :D They'd probably tell us to take a machine out, since we just showed up with an extra one and shoved the video games over.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby Dropshot on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:19 pm

They really should find a new home for the BBH and Power Putt so that 2 more pins could be moved in!
Dropshot

Postby Ricochet on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:30 pm

I don't see people playing those games much anymore. None on the golf and very few on Big Buck hunter.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby Ricochet on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Fixed up the tilt on Judge Dredd.

Looking back at the thread you said "Dr Who still had the video mode issue". Too bad we didn't get the message, because it was a super simple fix. The roll over switch to the lock was bent too much and triggering by vibrations.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby ROM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Personally, I didn't realize that was still happening. I hadn't played it much in the last few weeks,

Dropshot - how about put 10 more seconds into describing problems. Make the world a better place, 10 seconds at a time. plz.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Ricochet on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Probably no big loss not have Dr Who in the line up. It plays too easy for tournaments.

I have a idea of how to add a switch to Williams machines to change the setting, so you guys can set the machines for your tournament and even have a duplicate score table. I still have to prototype it and see if it will really work.

-Jer
Ricochet

Postby revtest on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 pm

that sounds rad!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby FHF on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

PreviousNext